Fourth of July is all about celebrating our country’s independence and turning up. Because if there is one way to declare your independence, it’s by throwing a Red, White and Blue BBQ paired with red, white and blue drinks for optimal independence. After drinking these, you might end up dependent on someone else for a ride home, but that kind of dependence is okay.

1. Red, White and Blue Punch

america

Photo by Abigail Wilkins

Great recipe because it allows for variation. The bottom layer can be just cranberry juice or it can be cranberry and vodka. Also, shouts to the top layer being blue Gatorade because the power of electrolytes.

2. Red, White and Blue Soda

america

Photo by Mira Nguyen

You might have to chug this one if you don’t want it to turn purple. However, I do not condone chugging it if you spike it. You’ll have to make that decision on your own.

3. Fruity Themed Cocktail

america

Photo by Mira Nguyen

Your classic vodka and cranberry with added red, white and blue fruit additions. Yes, pineapple is slightly more yellow than white but just use your imagination a little bit with this one.

4. Strawberry Jello Shots

america

Photo courtesy of thatssomichelle.com

A jello shot in a strawberry is possibly one of the most fantastic ideas I’ve ever heard of. Also this is obviously a healthy version of a jello shot

5. Triple Berry Frozen Smoothies

america

Photo courtesy of inkatrinaskitchen.com

Yet another example of a healthy drink! Berries = healthy right? The correct answer is: who cares? It’s Fourth of July weekend, let’s get twisted.

6. Red, White and Blue Snow Cones

america

Photo courtesy of kirbiecravings.com

What’s better on a hot summer day in July than a boozy snow cone? The only things I can think of are: a swimming pool-sized, boozy snow cone, a boozy snow cone that gives me super powers, or Jake Gyllenhaal asking me to marry him.

7. Jello Shot Pops

america

Photo courtesy of thatssomichelle.com

This incorporates three layers, so it’s a tad more work than the strawberry shots. However, these are quite aesthetically pleasing and sure to be a crowd favorite because they look like the rocket ice pops.

8. Pinterest-Worthy Jello Shot American Flag Cake

america

Photo by Phoebe Melnick

That was a mouthful and so are these jello shots if you want them to be. They’re also super Instagram-worthy.

9. Red, White and Blue Vodka Lemonade Slushy

america

Photo courtesy of andtheycookedhappilyeverafter.com

Similar to the punch, but with even more alcohol. Uh, let’s go?

10. Independence Sangria

america

Photo courtesy of tasty-trials.com

White wine plus red and blue fruit equals the perfect classy but still in-theme beverage.

11. Patriotic Queens Park Swizzle

america

Photo by Jackie Fu

Yes, originally, this is red white and green. It’s similar to a mojito, which means it will taste fantastic with blueberries. So use this recipe, except during the muddling step, add blueberries to your muddling. This will turn the bottom a blue-y green and now you have Patriotic Queens Park Swizzle.

12. White Chocolate-Covered, Vodka-Infused Strawberries

america

Photo courtesy of cutefoodforkids.com

A drink and dessert at the same time. You’re welcome.

13. Boozy Fruit Pops

america

Photo by Rachel Labarre

Follow this recipe to make your fruit pop. Use blueberries, raspberries and strawberries to get in-theme. But before you freeze it, add the alcohol of your choice (preferably a clear liquid to keep the red, white and blue theme alive) and you’ve got yourself a frozen drank.

14. Strawberry Piña Colada Pops

america

Photo by Jackie Kuczynski

This recipe makes virgin piña colada pops, so freeze a bunch for the youths and make your own tray with a little added rum*. Also, make sure your popsicle stands are blue to keep the Fourth of July theme strong.

*Keep track of which has alcohol. Don’t get the children drunk.