For some of us, the kitchen is a sanctuary where we can kick back, relax and focus on the task ahead: eating. Unfortunately, not everyone can enjoy the pleasure of having their own kitchen and we are forced to share with a roommate, and sometimes things can get ugly. It’s all fun and games until someone leaves sticky shit everywhere.
1. Leaving dirty dishes in the sink.
Such a classic. Your mom did not come to college with you, and the magical fairies who clean up messes do not exist.
2. Never loading the dishwasher.
First she leaves them in the sink, then she doesn’t load the dishwasher. Ugh.
3. Stinking up your kitchen.
When you walk into your apartment and get a whiff of what your roommate is cooking and want to vomit.
4. Leaving bits of their food on the counter and not cleaning it up… and you know it was them.
Crumbs, shredded cheese, blobs of sauce… whatever it may be, you know it was them.
5. Never unloading the dishwasher.
Sure, you may put a few things in the dishwasher, but unloading is just as important as loading. Don’t delude yourself.
6. Using utensils then putting them back like nothing happened.
It’s all fun and games until people start using stuff and act like they’re still clean.
7. When your roommate eats all of your snacks.
Seriously, get your own. Peep this article to find out how to hide your snacks from your roommate’s grubby hands.
8. Taking all the room in the fridge and filling the fridge with foods you hate.
It’s just rude to take up all the room with the food no one else can eat. How can you cook together and bond when she’s taking up all the room?
9. Not putting dishes away where they belong.
You can’t put the drinking glasses in the same cabinet as bowls — common sense.
10. Never replacing the roll of paper towels.
It’s all fun and games until your roommate uses the last paper towel and thinks it’s okay not to replace it.
11. When they leave trash on the counter and act like it’s normal.
Uh, excuse me, there’s a place for that. It’s called the “trash can.”
12. When they microwave something and it goes everywhere and they act like it wasn’t them.
You hear the mac and cheese pop and watch them look around to see if anyone saw it but you know what they did.
13. Neglecting to take out the trash.
The trash keeps piling up and they just act like they’ve never seen it.
14. Sweeping everything off the counter onto the floor.
The classic sweep and dump. It’s never fooled anyone and is only effective if you have a dog.