In about six hours, I’ll be waking up to go work at Burger King, which I do six days a week. Since Burger King consumes my life, I decided to just accept it and write this article with some lifesaving hacks. These hacks are so amazing that they may have you running back to Burger King six days a week, just like me.

1. Shake up your drink

Burger King

Most Burger Kings have transitioned to using Freestyle Coke machines. In these machines, there are over 100 different combinations you can make. If you dine in and use the freestyle machine, there are secret flavors. “Secret Santa” is a flavor during the holidays, and let me tell you, it is the bomb.

And even better? You can customize your milkshakes, frappes, and smoothies, too. Just ask whoever is working to combine your flavors and they will happily do it.

2. Never choose between fries and onion rings

Burger King

Photo courtesy of 1000awesomethings.com

I am going to get straight to the point on this one. Half onion rings, half fries, one container. No additional charges, either. Make sure to ask for a side of zesty sauce, too.

3. Make an ICEE Float

Burger King

Photo courtesy of @the.coral on Instagram

Ever hear of the saying, “you can’t have your cake and eat it too?” Well in this case, you can. This is probably one of my favorite — and best tasting — hacks. ICEE floats are made by taking your favorite flavor of ICEE and adding in ice cream. It’s two desserts in one—can you say yum?

4. Try a Veggie Whopper

Burger King

GIF courtesy of onegreenplanet.com

Yes, Burger King sells veggie burgers, but few know about the veggie Whopper. To put it simply, you get all of the deliciousness of a whopper minus the meat. Pretty groovy, right?

5. “Hot Fries, No Lies”

Burger King

This is a secret slogan employees use when we make fries. You can join in on the fun, too. If you like your fries hot and crispy, just let the person taking your order know and they’ll be made fresh for you. But if you’re a little impatient and can’t wait three minutes for delicious fries, this slogan may not be for you.

6. Always Buy Value Drinks                                                                  

Burger King

I don’t know about you, but I ball on a budget. So if you’re eating at Burger King, I’d suggest swapping out that small, medium, or large cup you get for a value cup. Value cups are only $1 and refills are free. Do the math.

7. You’re Never Too Old for Kids Meals

Burger King

GIF courtesy of scooppick.com

You don’t have to be 12 and under to order a kids meal. You don’t have to get the toy, either. If you aren’t as hungry and want to order a kids meal, you can get a free dessert (ice cream or a cookie) instead of a toy.

8. Best Time for Burger King Cookies

Burger King

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

Do you want warm, gooey cookies like your grandmother makes? If you go to Burger King any time between opening and 11 AM, you’ll be looking for your granny in a Burger King uniform. They’re just that good.

9. Buy Some Bags of Ice

Burger King

If you didn’t know, Burger King has super cheap 10-pound bags of ice. Most of the time, it ends up being more than ten pounds because we don’t even measure it. So next time you’re throwing a banger, you know where to get ice for the low low. You’re welcome.

10. Check for Receipt Coupons

Burger King

Always look at the back of your receipt and do the survey. With a purchase of a drink and fries, you can get a free Whopper or Original Chicken sandwich. So if you buy a value fry and a value drink, you’ll end up getting a free sandwich for about $2.34. It’s too good of a deal to pass up, especially if you’re a broke college kid like me.

11. Chow Down on a French Fry Burger

Burger King

Photo courtesy of thedailybeast.com

This is an old menu item but if you want it, you can get it. Just ask if they can throw some fries on your burger, and if you’re nice they’ll do it happily for no extra charge.

12. Swap Out Your Buns

Burger King

Don’t like sesame seeds? Ask for two bottom buns. Want something a little fancier? Ask for a brioche bun. Want no bun? Well, just ask for no bun. Pretty simple.

13. Customize, Customize, Customize

Burger King

If you haven’t gotten the point of this article yet, it’s that you can customize anything. Seriously, if you can come up with a creation using their menu items, Burger King will make it for you. One time, a man asked for a double cheeseburger with a chicken patty in the middle, and guess what? We did it for him. #FastFoodGoals