If you go to Colgate, chances are you’ve been to Slices at least once this semester. It’s a great place to hang out with friends, grab a quick bite, and of course, see some sights you just can’t unsee. I asked students to tell me their weirdest Slices experiences and here are some of my favorite stories.

1. Ranch disaster:

“I once saw a girl cry when Slices told her they were out of ranch dressing cups. She just left her slice there after already paying. They let me take it for free.”

slices

2. Whole pie:

“Once I went to Slices alone a little after 1:30AM and ordered a whole pie for myself because I wanted pepperoni and slices only come plain. I ate the whole thing in under 10 minutes, threw it up in the bathroom, and then came back out, ordered another pie, and left with it. I hopped on the cruiser and a girl asked me for a piece. I told her if she could guess my mom’s name in three tries she could have one. She guessed it on the second. Shocked, I left the pie with her and got off at the next stop, which wasn’t mine. My mom’s name is Barbara.”

slices

3. Pizza injury:

“Around 4 PM on a Tuesday, I went to Slices with my friends. I was trailing behind the group talking on the phone. They didn’t hold the door for me so it hit me in the face and I got knocked out. I swear it gave me a concussion.”

slices

4. The emergency bathroom break:

“One time I was in slices with my friends after leaving a party and I saw a guy and a girl in a booth in the corner making out. Next thing I know, they’re walking into the single-person bathroom together. I don’t wanna make any assumptions but let’s just say I don’t think it was a typical bathroom emergency.”

slices

5. Quick nap:

“My friend and I were waiting for a ride up the hill outside of Slices. She said she had to go to the bathroom so I went outside to wait for the car. Fifteen minutes later she hadn’t come out so after calling her five times I went in to look for her. She had fallen asleep in the booth.”

slices

6. VIP only:

“After not getting into a party I pretended to be a bouncer at Slices and turned people away at the door. One of the workers came out and yelled at me for deterring business.”

slices

7. Dietary restrictions:

“My friend told the Slices owners they were insensitive for not providing lactose free pizza. They were not amused.”

slices

8. Morning regrets:

“I once woke up still drunk and covered in puke. I knew I’d been to Slices the night before and left them a voicemail telling them their pizza gave me salmonella. When I sobered up I realized my mistake.”

slices

9. Not interested:

“I hooked up with a girl at the Jug but wasn’t into it and left with my friends to go to Slices. She showed up there a few minutes later and sat down at my booth, ate my slice, and asked if we should go to my place or hers.”

slices

10. Accidents happen:

“My friend once peed her pants because the line for the bathroom wasn’t moving fast enough. Slices was packed and tons of people saw. She cried the whole way up the hill then threw up.”

slices

11. Keep the change:

“After a night out, all I wanted was a slice but the line was absolutely ridiculous. By the time I got through the door I was informed that some kid tried to pay for his slice in entirely pennies but kept losing count.”

slices

12. Moneybags:

“I once found a ‘Gate card under a table at Slices and bought three pies with it before turning it into Campo.”

slices

13. Teacher’s pet?

“I called the woman swiping my ‘Gate card at slices “professor” and told me she could have a bite if she bumped my grade up.”

slices