How many different types of products do you look for when you need basic things like oil or lip balm or say, mats and décor? Searching for these different things gets pretty tedious after a while, specially when you don't know if they're actually nutritional. What if we tell you that there's one thing that could actually satisfy almost all your basic needs; post slight modification? The perfect 2018 all rounder happens to be coconut, you guys! Here are 13 top benefits of coconut that will solve all your problems in a blink.

1. Oil For Hair

milk, yogurt, cereal
Andrew Zaky

Coconut oil has been used as hair oil for centuries now. It is very moisturizing and can be used as a hair mask, for hot oil treatments and in homemade hair products.

2. Oil For Cooking

Cooking, pan-seared salmon, college life, college cooking, dorm life
Amy Dong

Coconut oil, being a relatively stable oil that doesn't break down at high temperatures as easily as other oils. It also has amazing nutritional propertiea and is great for cooking absolutely anything.

3. Coconut Fibre For Mats

Coconut fibre is used to make mats, ropes, mattresses, curtains, hut roofs, and many many more things.

4. Coconut Water

Bhavya Bansal

This yummy drink is loved by all. It's delicious, nutritional, energizing and at the same time very relaxing to have. One can never have enough coconut water.

5. Coconut Milk

Kartik Sharma

An absolute favourite in summers, coconut milk is a nourishing and filling drink, not to mention its cooling properties under the blazing sun. it is also a pretty great energy booster.

6. Coconut Slice

Coconut can simply be eaten after cutting it up in slices. Its innumerable health benefits make it the ultimate immune system booster.

7. Coconut Butter As Skin Moisturizer

Shreya Sahni

Using coconut butter for skin health works as a great moisturizer for your face. It absorbs quickly, and is non greasy. It even behaves like a wrinkle reducer, and for fairness.

8. Coconut Shell

Used for decoration, storing small things for craft, and for other creativity packed ideas, a coconut shell is the classiest yet cheapest way to go artsy!

9. Coconut Ayurvedic Medicines

Arushi Yadav

Coconut husk fiber contains compounds with pain and inflammation killing activities. It also works as an antidepressant and is used to cure Alzheimer's. You can also put some coconut oil on burns for quick and effective treatments.

10. Coconut Chocolate

Coconut is used to make some absolutely delicious chocolates and cakes.

11. Coconut Sweets

sweet, rice, chocolate, coconut
Giulia Baldini

Coconut barfi and other sweets made out of coconut are something everyone adores. The fact that it is also very nutritional makes it perfect for consumption for any age group.

12. Natural Make Up Remover

Just a small dab of coconut oil will quickly remove all your make up, along with giving your skin nutrition and a smooth glow. So stop spending money on expensive make up removal lotions, and use natural oils.

13. Coconut As Lip Balm

Dry chapped lips can occur in any season. While the ready made lip balms are full of toxic ingredients, coconut butter can be used as a natural moisturizer for smooth and healthy lips.