In honor of his recently announced US tour, it’s about time Ed’s culinary talent was paired with his songwriting skills. Since the love of food and the love of Ed Sheeran’s voice are two things we can all agree on, this list is offered as inspiration as we breathlessly wait for Ed to release a food-love anthem.

1. Ed wakes up happily in love with breakfast

Ed obviously recognizes breakfast as the most important meal of the deal. Why else would he give himself such varied options?

2. He knows what is essential in a food/body relationship

That’s right, he said what we were all thinking. Water is legit. How can you not be in love with something that keeps you alive?

Ed Sheeran

Courtesy of f4-ding.tumblr.com

3. Food makes him adventurous

Ed’s love of potato smileys inspired him to create a new dish. That same inspiration could go into another hit song, that’s all I’m saying.

It’s that time again

A photo posted by @teddysphotos on

The meal of kings A photo posted by @teddysphotos on

4. He knows when to take a break

In an interview, Ed described his attempted soup diet, “Someone over here was just like, ‘Yeah…you should go on a no carb diet or something.’ So for two days I stocked up my whole fridge with tomato soup.”

Living the dream #thuglife

A photo posted by @teddysphotos on

5. And when to get back on track

But then the soup diet wasn’t for him. He said, “within 18 hours I was on the floor being like, I need fries and cheese.”

Ed Sheeran

Photo courtesy of classywithatouchofpreppy.tumblr.com

Ed Sheeran

Photo courtesy of caagna.tumblr.com

6. Swanky food demands adoration

Thank you, Sir, for the delightfully sophisticated recommendations below. I believe together that would be called an apéritif.

7. Ed knows when to cook for himself

Look, he’s making his own dinner. Very nice lad.

Cookin refried beayunz I am A photo posted by @teddysphotos on

8. He knows you can’t resist some things

Chips are irresistible and would make an excellent subject of a song about languishing love.

9. Ed can find the humor in all situations

Mac & Cheese

A photo posted by @teddysphotos on

YAASS.

10. Chocolate is love

Completely understandable. Song lyrics could be something along the lines of, “My heart is melting for you, just like chocolate in a pan.”

11. Cuddling is the best

Have you ever wanted to be so in touch with pizza that you bought it in pillow form?

Possibly the coolest birthday present ever…

A photo posted by @teddysphotos on

12. Be the food

To truly understand your food, you have to literally step inside of its gingerbread skin.

Costume = sorted A photo posted by @teddysphotos on

13. If you love food enough, it will love you back

There’s only one

A photo posted by @teddysphotos on

Rock on.