Over the course of his career, Kanye West has given us an abundant supply of Grammy Award winning music, mass cultural trends, and his outspoken opinion. Hate him or love him, you can’t deny his high level of physical health. Whereas his mental health, on the other hand, may be at question; but at Spoon, we like to focus on what goes in your mouth not what comes out of it. Taking a closer listen to his music, I realized that he actually has a lot of nutritional gems scattered throughout his discography. Here’s what Yeezy taught me.

1. “All The Mocha Lattes, You Gotta Do Pilates” – The New Workout Plan

kanye

Photo courtesy of imgflip.com

Now say it with me slowly, coffee is NOT dessert. A single venti mocha latte from starbucks is 10 calories shy from 500.

2. “That’s Right Put in Work, Move That Ass, Go Berserk, Eat Your Salad, No Dessert” – The New Workout Plan

kanye

This is the official plan how 2020 U.S. presidential candidate, Kanye West will tackle the the national (calorie) deficit.

3. “Yeezy Yeezy How You Do it, Huh? Eatin’ Wheaties, Drinkin’ Fiji” – Power (Remix)

kanye

Mr. West has bestowed us two keys to success way before DJ Khaled ever told us. They don’t want you to drink water. They don’t want you to eat breakfast, especially the breakfast of champs.

4. “Eating Good, Vegetarian With The Brown Rice” – I Don’t Like

kanye

Photo courtesy of memegenerator.com

You have to respect a man that shouts out his Chipotle order in a song.

5. “I Wake Up, All Veggies No Eggs. I Hit the Gym, All Chest No Legs. Yep, Then I Made Myself a Smoothie” – 30 Hours

kanye

You should eat breakfast within an hour of waking up. Something gives me the suspicion that Kanye watched this video before he worked out.

6. “Five Star Dishes, Different Exotic Fishes, Man This Shit is Fucking Ridiculous” – So Appalled

kanye

Crayfish doesn’t make ‘Ye ‘Ye cray cray.

7. “Before Anybody Wanted K. West Beats, Me and My Girl Split the Buffet at KFC” – Touch The Sky

kanye

If you skip meals, you skip gains. Sometimes you have to go with the fast food option, and other times, you’re gonna have to cheat the system and get a 2 for 1 buffet.

8. “I Hit the Jamaican Spot, at the Bar, Take a Seat. I Ordered the Jerk, She Said You are What You Eat” – Devil in a New Dress

kanye

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

If you didn’t know, jerk is a style of cooking where hot Jamaican jerk spice is used on various meats. Maybe Wthis quiz about spicy food can help us understand Kanye better.

9. “In a French Ass Restaurant, Hurry Up With My Damn Croissants” – I am a God

kanye

‘Ye gets hangry just like the rest of us.

10. “I Even Made You a Plate, Soul Food, Know How Granny Do it. Monkey Bread on the Side, Know How the Family Do it” – Family Business

kanye

There is nothing wrong with eating a plate of some mac ‘n cheese (especially if it’s the famous UConn bacon jalapeno mac ‘n cheese), collard greens, and fried chicken made with grandma’s loving.

11. “The Plan was to Drink Until the Pain Over but What’s Worse? The Pain or the Hangover?” – Dark Fantasy

kanye

Photo courtesy of pwnfitness.com

The hangover is definitely worse. Just ask your friend, You’re-getting-too-old-for-this-foolishness Johnson.

12. “I Got Two White Russians but We also Need Some Drinks” – Blazin

kanye

Photo courtesy of memegenerator.com

The Louis Vuitton Don is accompanied by two foreign lady friends; not two cocktails of vodka, kahlua, and milk or cream. May I recommend some water for that thirst?

13. “It’s My Birthday, I Deserve to be Greedy, Huh?” – Birthday song

kanye

Calories don’t count on your birthday…. and your best friend’s birthday… and your dog’s birthday.