As a college student, the night starts at 10 pm, and before you know it, it’s 2 am and you’re hungry again. Now, for the kids living at home – they’re continuously getting scolded for eating junk food in the “middle of the night”. Well, not to worry, because now you can eat without getting caught.

1. Cup-o-Kulfi

Midnight

Photo courtesy of Flickr

Thanks to spoons, kulfis in matkas (or cups) are just as easy to eat without getting it all over your lips (and hands too if it’s melting…).

2. Gol Gappas’s Paani

Midnight

Photo by Pavaani Jain

Gol gappas are generally assumed to be messy (and I’m not saying that they’re not), but in case you’re craving something spicy, this is the thing to drink. With easy-to-make packets available in the market, this is perfect for a midnight snack.

3. Paranthas

Midnight

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Step 1: Check your fridge for any paranthas left over from dinner.
Step 2: Roll one up in your hand.
Step 3: Sneak back into your room like nothing just happened.

Shhhhhhh…

4. Candy

Midnight

Photo by Paavani Jain

Well, this speaks for itself.

5. Chips

Midnight

Photo by Paavani Jain

Remember that packet of chips sitting in your college bag from lunch? This is the time to open it up.

6. Chilli Potatoes

If you’re in the mood of something spicy, this is the dish for you. All you need are potato wedges, the assorted sauces available in your fridge, your imagination, and merely 5 minutes to put up a dish.

7. French Fries

Long live frozen foods!

8. Pakoras

Midnight

Photo courtesy of Flickr

Agreed – pakoras are overflowing with calories, but you’re allowed a cheat day when you’re working so hard to not get scolded, right? I mean, that must burn at least 250 calories (I hope!).

9. Marshmallows

Midnight

Photo by Tiare Brown

If you’ve tried marshmallows before, you know this is heaven.

10. Khandwi

Midnight

Photo by Sabhyata Badhwar

This Gujrati delight is a dream come true for those who want to fill up on something good.

11. Namkeen

Midnight

Photo by Aakanksha Joshi

With a variety to choose from, namkeen is a food item that is available on the go (and in almost every kitchen).

12. Mini Cupcakes

Midnight

Photo courtesy of Rashi Kapoor

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think every sweet lover is going to run down to the nearest bakery to get their hands on a box for tonight’s snack.

13. Momos

Midnight

Photo by Sabhyata Badhwar

Generally, momos fit right into your mouth, but if not, use a fork to split it into smaller pieces. All you need to do is convince your mom to order a lot of them for an evening snack so that there are bound to be leftovers, and eat away.