So Hulu recently partnered with Spotify to give college students joint subscriptions for a discount. Which means I just got a Hulu account, and can add a new online streaming option to my list of ways to procrastinate (woo!). 

I don't watch a lot of TV, because I'm generally doing other things, but I love a good cooking show in the background of my Sociology readings, or while I'm cooking something myself. (Nothing boosts my cooking ambitions like an actual chef getting yelled at by a more famous actual chef.)

So to help us all enjoy the true gems of television streaming, I've compiled a list of food shows on Hulu that you should watch soon. Or now, because we all need a break.

1. "Chopped"

"Chopped"—tried and true, a classic, the original show that got me hooked on cooking competitions. I'd be surprised if you haven't heard of "Chopped" yet, as it's been running for almost 10 years. But if you haven't, the show pits four chefs against each other through rounds of appetizers, dinner, and dessert. Each dish must incorporate three mystery basket ingredients, and each round a chef gets "chopped" out of the competition.

2. "Iron Chef America"

Kitchen Stadium sets the scene for culinary battles between resident Iron chefs (like Bobby Flay and Mario Batali) and outside challengers, also incorporating secret ingredients into each dish. Billed as a sequel to the original Japanese show, the show selects its roster of Iron Chefs through existing Food Network programs or the supplementary "The Next Iron Chef" show.

3. "Food Network Star"

"Food Network Star" follows 12 chefs competing throughout each season to host their own Food Network series. A chef is eliminated each episode, so unlike many other food shows, the contestants stay consistent throughout the season's run. Think "American Idol," but with cooking.

4. "Cupcake Wars"

Another Food Network success, "Cupcake Wars," pits four cupcake bakers against each other in a themed battle, culminating in a 1,000 cupcake display that determines which baker wins the $10,000 prize. This one is a little more cheesy, but the cupcake concoctions are worth the bad jokes.

5. "Guy's Grocery Games"

Guy Fieri hosts this cooking show set in a grocery store, during which four chefs compete in a series of elimination challenges with creatively frustrating themes (such as making sandwiches without the bread aisle or a gourmet meal featuring only frozen entrees). Even after someone wins, they don't automatically get prize money—they must check off items from a shopping list, racking up $2,000 per item, within two minutes.

6. "The F Word"

The new American version of this UK show, hosted by Gordon Ramsey, pits family teams against each other in an hour-long live competition. Ramsey also brings in surprise celebrity guests to judge the dishes and hosts variety show-esque games with diners and audience members.

7. "The Supersizers Go..."

This UK show provides a historical perspective, as each episode adopts a different historical period. Comedian Sue Perkins and journalist Giles Coren tag team periods like "Wartime" and "Victorian" in a hilarious combination of eating, cooking, and confusion.

8. "Kitchen Nightmares"

Another Gordon Ramsey hit, "Kitchen Nightmares" places Ramsey and co in failing restaurants for a revamp. The team examines each restaurant's lapses, renovates the building, and makes menu and management tweak suggestions. Ramsey's combative personality comes out in full force, but it's all in the hopes of saving these places, right?

9. "After Hours"

Consider this an inside look at the elite world of celebrity chefs. Chef Daniel Boulud and his celebrity guests go behind-the-scenes at some of America's most popular restaurants—exchanging recipes and culinary secrets.

10. "Top Chef Masters"

A spin-off of "Top Chef," this show pits world-renowned chefs against each other in weekly competitions. The master chef compete on behalf of specific charities, so all prize money goes to their specified organization rather than for personal gain the way the original "Top Chef's" prize money does.

11. "Cake Boss"

Carlo's Bakery is run by Buddy Valestro and his family, crafting extravagant specialty cakes in Hoboken, New Jersey. Each episode follows the creation of a group of cake commissions, served with a side of family drama and Italian-American flair.

12. "Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern"

If you want a taste of adventure without leaving your couch, "Bizarre Foods" is the choice for you. Zimmern, a chef and food writer, travels all across the globe in search of the strangest foods imaginable. He's gone from Morocco to Samoa, eating everything from goat organs served in ox intestines to fermented cabbage tacos.

13. "Worst Cooks in America"

If you want to feel better about your cooking skills, this is the show to watch. Celebrity Food Network chefs guide a group of recruits through cooking boot camp each season, culminating in a finale restaurant meal judged by three guest food critics. A bonus of this show is that you can learn some cooking basics along the way, so you're not really procrastinating.

Cooking shows, chef competitions, and general food programming has skyrocketed in popularity over the past 15+ years. What exactly does that mean for us as viewers? Options. Wonderful options. So get to it.