I guess the theory that is if we’re all wearing sweaters, scarves and coats all season then no one will notice how much eggnog, meat and desserts we’ve consumed. Right?

But really, every time you get ready to shower it’s more like, damn, maybe I really didn’t need that seventh pig in a blanket at that random holiday party I didn’t even want to go to.

So instead of struggling to keep it to six mini hot dogs instead of seven, make healthier versions of your favorite holiday foods. Then if you do end up eating way too much of something, it’s not as bad as it could’ve been.

MyFitnessPal rounded up 12 healthy swaps you can make over the holidays that taste (almost) just as good, and you’ll feel perfectly stuffed without clogging all of your arteries. Scroll all the way to the bottom to get recipes to make these babies.

And let’s put this into perspective: a gingerbread latte is definitely tastier with whole milk, but it’s still enjoyable if you cut down some calories and swap it for skim. Especially if that means you can have an extra piece of peppermint bark later…

Priorities.

12 Holiday Food Swaps Final (1)

Ready to make the swap? Here’s where you can find the recipes: