Most of us just choose to stick to what we know, but the beginning of a new year is the perfect time to try new things. There's nothing more exciting to try than new flavors of Ben & Jerry's ice cream. Here's a bucket list of flavors to commit to in order to guarantee you're stepping out of your ice cream comfort zone in 2017.

January: Cookie Dough

What better way to ease into this bucket list than kicking it off with a classic—cookie dough. Ben & Jerry’s vanilla ice cream with chunks of chocolate chip cookie dough is the perfect way to kick off 2017.

February: Red Velvet Cake

One of the most notable days of February is Valentine’s Day and what better way to celebrate than red velvet cake? Both its color and decadent quality screams love. That’s why this red velvet cake batter ice cream with pieces of red velvet cake accompanied by cream cheese icing swirls is the perfect pick for February.

March: Phish Food

There’s no ice cream more fitting to try in the month of Pisces than Phish Food. This chocolate ice cream is filled with both caramel and marshmallow swirls along with fudge fish. Making March that much more delicious.

April: Strawberry Cheesecake

The perfect way to welcome spring is by trying something that’s new, colorful, and delicious. Ben & Jerry’s Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream hits all the marks. This Strawberry Cheesecake Ice cream contains pieces of strawberry along with graham cracker swirls.

May: Coffee Toffee Bar Crunch

peanut butter, chocolate
Caitlin Quain

During this month college students everywhere will be heavily caffeinated in an attempt to survive their last weeks of school. That’s why a coffee-flavored ice cream is the perfect food to enter May with. Coffee Toffee Bar Crunch is a coffee-flavored ice cream that contains fudge-covered toffee pieces make finals a bit more bearable.

June: S’mores

marshmallow, brownie, butter, cookie, peanut, chocolate, peanut butter
Mikaela Orenstein

The weather starts to get warmer and camping trips are in full swing which can only mean one thing— s’mores on top of s’mores. That’s why s’mores ice cream is perfect for June. This chocolate ice cream contains fudge chunks as well as graham cracker and marshmallow swirls—it’s like a camping trip on your spoon.

July: Americone Dream

chocolate, beer
Caitlin Quain
The month during which we celebrate America’s birthday is the perfect time to try the most patriotic ice cream that Ben & Jerry’s has to offer. Americone Dream is vanilla ice cream filled with fudge covered pieces of waffle cone and a caramel swirl. There’s no better way to celebrate the 4th of July.

August: Blondie Ambition

The ultimate prep time for students everywhere, like the ice cream, students are ambitious about the school year that lies ahead. This ice cream has it all to start the school year right. This brown sugar ice cream has traces of blonde brownies and butterscotch toffee flakes swirled throughout.

September: The Tonight Dough

coffee, beer
Caitlin Quain

Now we’re into the birth month of everyone’s favorite late-night talk show host— Jimmy Fallon. In honor of the comedian his flavor of Ben & Jerry’s, The Tonight Dough, is September’s pick. Chocolate and caramel ice creams accompanied by chocolate chip cookie chunks with both chocolate chip and peanut butter cookie dough.  

October: Pumpkin Cheesecake

This is the month that is all about trying every pumpkin-flavored food possible. Pumpkin ice cream can be checked off the list. Ben & Jerry’s Pumpkin Cheesecake ice cream has graham cracker swirls mixed through out, making it the perfect fall treat. 

November: Bourbon Pecan Pie

pie, sauce, caramel, pecan
Amanda Shulman
November is the month to give thanks and what better to be thankful for than pie. Mixing the Thanksgiving classic, pecan pie, and ice cream gives us all even more to be thankful for. This bourbon ice cream contains whiskey caramel swirls with pieces of shortbread cookie and pecans. 

December: Chocolate Peppermint Crunch

cream, sweetmeat, goody, cake, chocolate, sweet, candy

There’s no better way to end 2017 than a flavor that brings on the ultimate holiday feels. Nothing does the job like the taste of peppermint, this is why Chocolate Peppermint Crunch is a perfect pick for December. This chocolate ice cream is infused with peppermint and fudge swirls along with chocolate fudge balls. What a delicious way to enter the holidays. 

The one thing each of these flavors has in common is just how delicious they are. Sticking to this list ensures that this year will be an adventure for your taste buds. If you're feeling even more adventurous try some of the flavors that aren't on the list.