Whether this is your first Hoya Homecoming Weekend or your twenty-fifth reunion, have no fear. We have put together the ultimate survival guide to #winning this Columbus Day Weekend, both on and off the football field. Check out these boozy hacks and hangover cures to keep you going all weekend long.

1. Kegs & Eggs (Minus the Kegs)

Hoya Homecoming

GIF courtesy of Giphy.com

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Do NOT miss this opportunity to get your day off to a great start. Pro Tip: Call in your order to Wisey’s to beat the never-ending line for the dankest breakfast sandwich in town. And while you are at it, save their number to your contacts for your mid-day Chicken Madness craving.

2. Boozy Morning Smoothie

Hoya Homecoming

Photo By Kathy Dai

As appealing as vodka shots sound at 9 am, it’s perfectly ok to start your morning off with a slow and steady buzz. Try this delicious Banana, Almond Milk & Kahlua Smoothie to start your day off right with a healthy dose of protein and potassium.

3. Competitive Drinking Games

Hoya Homecoming

Gif Courtesy of Giphy.com

There is no other way to get pumped up for one of the biggest football games of the season without some competitive drinking games between friends. Tired of the usual beer pong and flip cup? Try these 3 totally insane drinking games you had no idea existed.

4. Fire Up the Grill

Hoya Homecoming

Photos Courtesy of The Georgetown University Grilling Society

As winter is slowly approaching, take this opportunity to fire up the grill one last time and enjoy some bbq hot dogs and hamburgers. Be sure to stop by GUGS the week before Homecoming for specialty grills and eating competitions.

5. Look Out For Celebrity Alumni

Hoya Homecoming

Gif Courtesy of Giphy.com

Stay on the lookout for your favorite celebrity alumni who might appear on the hilltop during the long weekend. You never know when the Hollywood Hoyas will come out to play, such as Bradley Cooper, Maria Shriver, Bill Clinton or Allen Iverson.

6. Take a #SELFIE

Hoya Homecoming

Photo Courtesy of MLB.TV video

Pics or it didn’t happen right? Be sure to take a lot of #Selfies with your bff’s and delicious food. Never miss out on an opportunity to foodstagram what you ate at the tailgate.

7. Learn the Rules of the Game

Hoya Homecoming

Gif Courtesy of Giphy.com

While you might not believe it, Georgetown does, in fact, have a football team. Do not let this myth get in your way of learning the rules of the game. Brush up on your understanding of football so you don’t look like a complete idiot cheering for the opposite team.

8. Stock Up

Hoya Homecoming

Photo By Allie Bloom

Keep in mind  Georgetown University has over 7,000 undergraduate students and that thousands of alumni will be traveling near and far to the Hilltop for this long weekend. Make sure to stock up on your fave booze before Dixie’s is wiped out of beer, wine and hard alcohol.

Pro Tip: Can’t make it to the liquor store in time? Check out how you can make your own Fireball with only 4 ingredients.

9. Practice Your Touchdown Dance

Hoya Homecoming

Gif Courtesy of Giphy.com

No Homecoming football game is complete without a Jumbotron Dance Cam routine. Make sure to practice a sweet touchdown dance with your buddies to get the crowd going at the game.

10. Siesta Fiesta

Hoya Homecoming

Gif Courtesy of Giphy.com

It’s a marathon, not a race. Be sure to get a good night sleep the day before and feel free to take a nap mid way through the day. If you are planning on staying up late, be sure to give yourself a little break to catch up on some ZZZ’s.

11. Don’t Get Arrested / Hospitalized

Hoya Homecoming

Gif courtesy of Giphy.com

It’s all fun and games until someone gets arrested. Be sure to drink smart and responsibly. Do yourself a favor and check out these 15 sneaky ways to hide the can and drink in public without getting in trouble.