Spaghetti is the best meal to make at the end of the long day. Just boil salted water, throw in some spaghetti, and, in a matter of minutes, it's ready. But eating plain spaghetti is boring and unappetizing. While there are many spaghetti sauces out there, few are vegan-friendly because they often contain milk, cheese, and other diary products. To help you out, I've compiled a list of some of my favorite vegan spaghetti sauce options on the market so that you too can enjoy this simple meal.

1. Rao's Homemade Arrabbiata Sauce

If you're ready to feel the burn, grab a jar of Rao's Homemade Arrabbiata Sauce. Arrabbiata translates to 'angry,' which seems appropriate due to the red pepper flakes that are in the sauce. Toss in some fresh veggies and enjoy. 

2. Dave's Gourmet Roasted Garlic & Sweet Basil Pasta Sauce

A majority of Dave's Gourmet sauces are vegan except the Creamy Parmesan Romano, Butternut Squash, and Wild Mushroom. But there are still many good choices to pick from like Roasted Garlic & Sweet Basil that would make a nice spring pasta salad.   

3. Mama Jess Garden Organic Pasta Sauce

Mama Jess Garden Organic Pasta Sauce is not only a great way to spruce up your spaghetti, but it's also a great opportunity for you to get a good amount of vegetables into your diet. This sauce includes sweet potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, tomatoes, and onions. One serving contains almost a day's worth of the recommended amount of Vitamin A and a good amount of Vitamin C.

4. Organico Bello Tomato Basil Sauce

Organico Bello uses imported organic Italian tomatoes as the base for all of its sauces. Their sauces are light, healthy, and do not rely on sugar to sweeten them up. Purchasing a jar of Organico Bello to make a vegan lasagna not only provides a good meal for you, but is also helps provide food and education for those in need.

5. Victoria Vegan Alfredo Sauce

Vegan alfredo sauce? Yep, you read that correctly. Victoria Fine Foods makes their Alfredo Sauce from cashew cream to give it a similar texture and smoothness as regular, cream-based Alfredo sauce. This is a great option for when you want to take a break from standard tomato sauce.

6. Mia's Kitchen Garlic & Onion Sauce

A lot of people make a big deal about garlic breath, but there are worse things in the world—like flavorless pasta sauce. Mia's Kitchen Garlic & Onion Sauce is a rich blend of garlic, onion, and tomato, forming a harmonious creation. Yes, you'll have garlic breath, but, hey, it's worth it.

7. Nellino's Sauce Co. Pomodoro Sauce

If you're into the whole floral trend, then you definitely need to try Nellino's Sauce Co. Pomodoro Sauce. This sauce features lavender and thyme, giving it a subtle floral tone. Fancy, am I right? Make it even fancier by preparing this layered ratatouille

8. Monte Bene Garlic Marinara Pasta Sauce 

Monte Bene Garlic Marinara is Non-GMO verified and Whole30 approved. They use Italian San Marzano tomatoes in their marinara sauces, which gives their products a unique sweetness. If you're in need a quick appetizer recipe, try this French bread pizza

#SpoonTip: Swap out the dairy-based cheese in this French bread pizza recipe with vegan cheese to keep this appetizer animal product-free.

9. Lucini Italia Tuscan Marinara Sauce

With only six ingredients and an authentic Italian taste, Lucini Italia's Tuscan Marinara Sauce is worth trying. Use as a dipping sauce for your bread, top off some ravioli, or make homemade tagliolini. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that Lucini Italia Tuscan Marinara Sauce received an award for being the Cleanest Packaged Food in 2017.

10. Newman's Own Organic Marinara Pasta Sauce

Bet you didn't think Newman's Own had vegan spaghetti sauce options. While all of the Alfredo sauces contain diary, most of the red sauces are free of animal products. In addition to providing budget-friendly food, Newman's Own is committed to providing aid to thousands of charity organizations around the world.

#SpoonTip: Their Roasted Garlic & Peppers Pasta Sauce may seem like it's a safe option, but it actually contains milk. Make sure to always check the label before purchasing something.

11. Victoria Vegan Alfredo Arugula Pesto Sauce

Yes, Victoria Fine Foods is making a second appearance on this list, mostly because this company transforms sauces that are usually non-vegan into a vegan friendly option. This sauce is also cashew cream based and has a distinct peppery taste from the arugula. It'd be a great dip for freshly sliced vegetables and can even be used as a spread for your morning bagel. 

These are just a few of the vegan spaghetti sauces that can be found in many grocery stores. Even though the pasta sauces listed do not contain animal products, many of them are packaged in a facility that uses milk, eggs, fish, etc. If you're looking for additional choices, check out Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. Both stores make their own spaghetti sauces unique to their company.