Berries are nature’s candy, and they won’t give you cavities. In fact, these delicious berries are actually really good for you, even if you can’t pronounce their names.

1. Açaí Berries

berries

Photo courtesy of itsroyalorganics.com

You’ve probably heard of açaí bowls by now. There’s a reason that these berries are so popular – the killer combo of healthy and delicious. Either in a bowl or in a smoothie, these berries are great for many things like heart health, resistance from harmful organisms, aiding in weight loss, healthy skin, digestion health, reducing irritation, improving cellular health, boosting the immune system, anti-aging, energy, and better mental function.

2. Goji Berry

berries

Photo courtesy of superfoodify.com

You won’t go wrong with goji. I got hooked on these as soon as I heard about them and now every yogurt and salad feels empty without them. These tiny little berries are high in vitamin C and fiber, yet low in calories. Replace your sugar cravings with these high-antioxidant holding magical berries.

3. Maqui Berry 

berries

Photo courtesy of healwithfood.org

These berries are maquin me crazy and they’ll make you crazy for them too. A study in 2008 was done to show the cardioprotective effects of maqui berries in rats and found that maqui extract protected the test animals from heart damage. The berries also have antiviral effects that can protect you from harmful viruses. They’re small, but powerful.

4. Acerola Cherries

berries

Photo courtesy of organicfacts.net

The health benefits of acerola cherries include managing diabetes, anti-aging effects, prevention of certain types of cancer, improvement of heart health, increase in circulation, reduction of allergic reactions, stimulation of the immune system, an increase eye health, skin protection, and helping in improving your mood. One bite and so many of your problems are solved.

5. Aronia Berries

berries

Photo credit to healwithfood.org

They might be nicknamed chokeberries, but these berries aren’t poisonous. In fact, they’re packed with nutrients and antioxidants that are great for improving one’s health and nutrition.

6. Noni Berries

berries

Photo credit to livestrong.com

An antioxidant, cholesterol reducer, antifungal treatment, and an aid to cancer prevention, this super fruit is not something you want to miss out on.

7. Bilberries

berries

Photo courtesy of nutrex-hawaii.com

No this isn’t a typo for blueberries or the name of a hobbit. Bilberries, or ‘huckleberries’, are most known for their inflammation reducing powers that have a tremendous effect on eye health and eyesight. I bet you didn’t see this one coming.

8. Elderberry

berries

Photo courtesy of hamsterhideout.com

Your elders will definitely approve of this one. Elderberries are used for their antioxidant activity to lower cholesterol, improve vision, boost the immune system, improve heart health, and prevent bacterial and viral infections.

9. Lingonberries

berries

Photo courtesy of healwithfood.org

Even though they are known as ‘cowberries’ or ‘foxberries’, animals aren’t the only ones who can benefit from these treats. This sweet berry is delicious as a concentrated jam or syrup, and is also great for your health. The Swedes were right about this one.

10. Mulberry

berries

Photo credit to organicfacts.net

Their ability to improve digestive health, lower cholesterol, aid in weight loss efforts, increase circulation, build bone tissue, boost the immune system, prevent certain cancers, slow down the aging process, lower blood pressure, protect eye health, and improve the overall metabolism of the body are not the only reasons you should try mulberries, they’re are also known for their unique and tasty flavor. You can’t go wrong with these.

11. Gooseberry

berries

Photo credit to organicfacts.net

The high content of vitamin C is the main ingredient in the health spectrum of these berries. This berry is also great specifically for the ladies, for it promotes hair growth and treats menstrual cramps. The benefits of these berries are endless.

berries

Photo byTorey Walsh

Don’t forget about the classics either. Strawberries, blackberries, raspberry blueberries, cherries, and cranberries are also amazing berries to bring into your everyday diets. And why wouldn’t you? They’re berry delicious.