Like what you see on Spoon University? Ohio State recently formed our own spoon chapter and we’re looking to add some stellar contributors to our undisputed team. If being part of the best damn chapter in the land is not enough convincing for you here are 11 more reasons….

1. Resume Builder

Apply to Spoon Ohio State University

Photo courtesy of Kathryn Decker

We all know that simply getting good grades is not be enough to land your dream job or internship. Employers are looking for what you do outside the classroom. Contributing to a Spoon University chapter shows future employers you are involved, creative, and a team player.

2. Leadership Opportunities

Apply to Spoon Ohio State University

Photo courtesy of youtube.com

Not only will joining our chapter give you a chance to contribute content, but also gain leadership roles. Each chapter has an editor in chief and social media manager, along with chapter-specific leadership roles. This jazzes up your resume and lets employers know you have practice leading a team and getting sh*t done.

3. Intership Opportunities

Apply to Spoon Ohio State University

Photo by Kaely Gallagher

Being part of our squad not only makes you look appealing to potential employers, but also gives you the opportunity to get a job THROUGH Spoon. That’s right not just contributing but working in head quarts in the city that never sleeps, New York City. Opportunities for internships and employment through Spoon are only available to our awesome chapter members.

4. Meet New People

Apply to Spoon Ohio State University

When you join Spoon OSU you’ll get to work directly with our amazing chapter. You will get the chance to meet and work with some super cool people who love food just as much as you.

5. Team Bonding

Apply to Spoon Ohio State University

Photo from tv.com

Not only will you get to work with a super cool group of people, but they also will become your friends. Whether you are a freshman still trying to find your place on campus, or a senior who is looking to try something new and meet new people, you can never have too many friends. Everyone can find a home at Spoon OSU.

6. Get Your Voice Heard

Apply to Spoon Ohio State University

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

The best part about writing for Spoon is getting the chance to be published nationally. Whether you have a great grilled cheese recipe you think everyone should have the chance to try, or you have a strong opinion on the Chipotle scandal, writing for Spoon gives you the chance to speak your mind and publish it for the world to see.

7. Creative Outlet

Apply to Spoon Ohio State University

courtesy of giphy.com

Along with getting your opinions nationally published, it can be nice to get a break from monotonous school work and get creative. Spoon allows writers a lot of freedom on article and photo choice, giving you an awesome chance to flex your creative muscles.

8. Show Off You Skills

Apply to Spoon Ohio State University

Photo by Becky Hughes

What’s the point of doing something awesome if everyone can’t see it? Spoon writers are highly encouraged to brag to all their Facebook friends, Twitter followers, etc. Your article link will be all over the web for friends, family, and strangers to enjoy.

9. Talk About Food

Apply to Spoon Ohio State University

Photo courtesy of the Huffington Post

Most importantly: writing for Spoon gives you the perfect opportunity to talk about one thing that everyone loves, food.

What are you waiting for? Apply to join our team today!

Instagram and Twitter: @spoon_osu
Contact: Megan Nichol (nichol.20@osu.edu) with questions