Dinner dates can be difficult and embarrassing endeavors, especially when you don’t know the person sitting across from you. Sometimes when eating a meal I’ll ask myself, “Would this make a good first date food?” It’s hard to find the ideal eating companion, but Parks and Rec’s resident waffle enthusiast seems to fit the bill perfectly. Never afraid to express her feelings towards food, Leslie Knope is the best friend you’ve always wanted and the best dinner date. Here are seven reasons you should call Leslie the next time you’re looking to try out a new dish or restaurant.

1. She always compliments your cooking.

We all know Leslie loves waffles; who says you can’t put carbs on top of more carbs? Looking to combine the world’s greatest foods, Leslie would support you in all cooking endeavors. She’d definitely help you make a donut-macaron hybrid or a tater tot grilled cheese waffle.

2. She makes great conversation.

leslie knope

Sometimes it’s hard to brainstorm topics on the spot. Fear not, Leslie would never let the conversation die. She’ll make sure to bring up a childhood classic, like Wizard of Oz, between bites. Honestly, just let her do most of the talking.

3. She knows her priorities.

Leslie knows that healthy things don’t belong in your milkshakes. She puts waffles and friends before everything else, especially kale. She sees right through the health food craze and would never hesitate to shun spinach.

4. She’s not afraid to be honest.

Leslie’s the person who will send food back if it’s not what she wanted. She knows eating healthy isn’t worthwhile if that means making too many sacrifices. Leslie recognizes that salads aren’t real food; they should be avoided at all costs.

5. She’s up for a challenge.

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Leslie’s the friend you need to encourage you to reach new food goals. Want to finish that large pizza all by yourself? Leslie will cheer you on. Hoping to try out that ice cream diet you heard about? She’ll eat alongside you.

5. She always comes prepared.

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Leslie is prepared for situations of all kinds. Forgot to make dessert? She has your back. Feeling drained after a long day at work? Leslie knows a healthy dose of glucose will turn that around.

7. She knows dessert is most important course.

Gif courtesy of bustle.com

Gif courtesy of bustle.com

Finally, Leslie knows that there’s nothing better than eating dessert for dinner when you’re upset (or when you’re not). Both she and Tom will encourage you to treat yo’ self even when it’s not October 13.