Picture this: it’s finally 2 am, and the pizza joint is closing for the night. As you head outside of the bar, your senses become overwhelmed by the McDonald’s nearly 100 meters away. As much as you try to resist the urge, you know that their fast food meals are a must with your drunken state of mind.

However, it doesn’t have to be that way. Listed below are eleven healthy and guilt-free alternatives to your favourite fast food dishes, which you can create in the realms of your own home.

Cauliflower Pizza for Pizza

drunk

Photo by Laura Silver

A healthy twist on an all-time favourite food. All though pizza may be delicious, it can rack up on calories at 275 per slice…. and you know you’re going to have more than just one. Instead or reaching for greasy pizza, you can make your own cauliflower pizza instead. At less than 300 calories for half the pizza, it is an ultimate guilt-free indulgence.

drunk

Kale Chips for Potato Chips

drunk

Photo by Alex Tom

With minimum work needed to prepare, kale chips are an effortless snack. The classic potato chips can toll with your body, due to its high amounts of fat. In a total of 10-15 chips, you could already be looking to consume 150 calories. Kale chips, however, have low amounts of calories, fat and sodium and high amounts of the vitamins and minerals that our bodies need.

drunk

GIF courtesy of rewire.tpt.org

Peanut Butter Banana Protein Shake for a McDonald’s Milkshake

drunk

Photo by Leah Nordman

No unhealthy food was used in the making of this delicious and rich drink. If you’re looking to be health conscious, McDonald’s milkshakes are maybe something to steer clear from. Those shakes are highly packed with sugar and other processed ingredients — one large vanilla milkshake has over 820 calories. Try sticking to this all-natural shake instead.

drunk

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

Homemade Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars for Chocolate Bars

drunk

Photo by Rachel Conners

With half the calories of a regular chocolate bar, these bars will be able to fulfill all your chocolate needs.

drunk

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

Grilled Portobello, Bell Pepper and Goat Cheese Sandwich for Tim Hortons Grilled Cheese Panini

drunk

Photo courtesy of dishmaps.com

Oh, how delicious a classic grilled cheese sandwich truly is. However, you may not have known that the grilled cheese panini that you always get at Tim Hortons actually contains 450 calories with little nutritional benefits. How about you swap the store bought grilled cheese for this fun spin on a classic that will leave you feeling more satisfied with only 300 calories?

drunk

Banana “Nice Cream” for Ben and Jerry’s

drunk

Photo by Nick Schmidt

frozen treat so delicious you will never want to go back to regular ice cream again. Toppings encouraged.

drunk

Cauliflower Buffalo Bits for Chicken Wings

drunk

Photo courtesy of popsugar.com

This is a great recipe to get your hot wing cravings under control without all the added calories of regular buffalo wings.

drunk

Sweet Potato Fries for Fries

drunk

Photo by Haley Durham

Sweet potato fries are an ultimate go-to when you get a fast food craving. Not only do you get fried potatoes, but you also get a treat packed with vitamin C. Check out how to make your own.

drunk

GIF courtesy of pintrest.com

Multi Grain Cheerios for Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal

drunk

Photo by Courtney Hatfield

Cereal is a great option after a late night out, so go ahead and pour yourself a bowl of Cheerios. However, stay away from cereals that are high in sugar, as it may add to a bad hangover in the morning. Cereal also produces serotonin which helps you fall asleep, which is important because alcohol can disrupt sleep patterns.

drunk

Turkey Burger for Big Mac

drunk

Photo by Rachel Davis

I have never tried a Big Mac, and thanks to this delicious recipe there is no need. Beef burgers are preferred by most people, however, they can be very fattening. Turkey burgers are made with a leaner meat that has less fat. This mouth-watering burger is made from healthy ingredients that will leave you feeling satisfied.

drunk

Asian-Style Baked Chicken for Chicken Nuggets

drunk

Photo by Sandy Huang

At first glance, that six-piece set of chicken nuggets doesn’t seem like the worst thing that you could be eating. However, its unpronounceable ingredients list, preservatives, sodium, and fat content can beg to differ.

In a six-piece set of chicken nuggets from a fast food joint, there are over 280 calories and 540 milligrams of sodium, which is 23% of the daily recommended dose for an adult. Instead of wasting your money on this unhealthy meal, make your own baked chicken at home.

drunk