When you order a loaded baked potato at a restaurant, there's a 99% chance it'll come with butter, sour cream, and cheese (and bacon bits on the side if you're lucky). But as tantalizing as this flavor combination is, you can only eat so many "plain jane" baked potatoes before you get tired of them. Neutral in flavor, potatoes are the perfect vehicle for all sorts of unique toppings. When deciding how best to load up your potato, consider your favorite meal and throw that on top to it. Everything from loaded chili to taco to carbonara baked potatoes will taste good. Don't believe me? Check out these 10 unique baked potato toppings and prepare to be amazed by what you can do with one simple potato.  

#SpoonTip: These recipes feature both sweet and regular potatoes, but many of the toppings listed will work for whichever you have in your pantry.

1. BLT Baked Potato

Adding bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes to a baked potato sounds a little odd, but the different textures completely transform the potato. You can top each baked potato with a little mayonnaise too instead of butter if you want to full flavor experience. 

2. Everything Bagel Baked Potato

Cream cheese isn't just for bagels. Spread a little bit on top of a hot potato and mix in everything bagel seasoning, which usually features poppy seeds, sesame seeds, and onion flakes. Make your life even easier by using the Everything Bagel Seasoning from Trader Joe's.

3. Taco Baked Potato

Taco Tuesday, anyone? Taco baked potato toppings are limitless, ranging from avocado and tomatoes to refried beans and sour cream. Cheddar cheese, lettuce, corn, beef and grilled chicken can also be placed on the fluffy white potato. I like to put tortilla strips on mine for a small crunch. 

4. Pizza Baked Potato 

A baked potato can seriously upgrade your typical pizza pie. After the potato is cooked, add some tomato sauce, and then a sprinkle of cheese and pepperoni if desired. Pop the potato back into the oven until the cheese melts for a more authentic pizza flavor.

5. Breakfast Baked Potato

This baked potato combines breakfast favorites like hash brown and eggs into one epic dish. Go crazy with extra toppings like bacon, cheese, tomato, spinach, or ham, just like you'd order your regular omelette. 

6. Bacon Candied Sweet Potatoes

One of my family's Thanksgiving traditions is making sweet potatoes with melty mini marshmallows on top. Make it Thanksgiving any time of year with this twice baked sweet potato with candied bacon bits.

7. Broccoli Cheddar Baked Potato

Miss your mom's homemade broccoli cheddar soup she'd always make you when you were a kid? Whip up this comforting baked potato recipe when nostalgia hits. I suggest mashing the cheese and broccoli together before mixing with the other ingredients to get a more authentic flavor. 

8. Buffalo Chicken Baked Potato

Buffalo chicken pizza. Buffalo chicken pasta. Buffalo chicken sandwich. Buffalo chicken dip. And now buffalo chicken baked potatoes? You need just six ingredients to make this potato, including creamy ranch or blue cheese dressing to drizzle on top.

9. Greek Yogurt Baked Potato

This twice baked potato recipe uses Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. They both have the same texture, but Greek yogurt is tangier and has less saturated fat. If the flavor of Greek yogurt is too strong for you, try using a mixture of sour cream and yogurt in this recipe. 

10. Mediterranean Baked Potato

What's more mediterranean than feta cheese, tomatoes and cucumbers? Nothing. Trying adding some mushrooms and tzatziki dressing to your potato for even more flavor.

Not only are these baked potato toppings insanely delicious, but they're also an excellent way to meal prep for the week ahead. Cook all the potatoes and toppings ahead of time, store them in separate containers, and heat back up when you're ready to enjoy.