Providence is a beautiful city. It also has great food. So, you do the math. From rooftop lounges to waterfront patios, here are the 10 restaurants in Providence with the best scenic views.

1. Jacky's Waterplace

With views of Waterplace Park and the Woonasquatucket River, Jacky's Waterplace has views for days. The menu of Japanese food and creative sushi is especially good for big groups. However, the place fills up quickly on weekends, so if you're coming with lots of people, make sure to make a reservation.

2. Mare Rooftop

This East Side hotspot opened earlier this year. Mare Rooftop, in Wayland Square, has patios overlooking the city and the India Point Park waterfront. The main dining room is totally glass, so you can see the views, even in colder weather, while you're enjoying the seafood-forward menu of Manila Clam Zuppa and Char-Grilled Octopus with black garlic emulsion.

3 & 4. Venda Ravioli & Venda Bar

Venda Ravioli and Costantino's Venda Bar & Ristorante are sister restaurants on either side of the grand fountain in Federal Hill's DePasquale Square, both serving excellent Italian food, and both with tables underneath the piazza's twinkling lights. Venda Ravioli is an Italian delicatessen that has the best prepared foods in town, and offers them for table service both inside and outside. Venda Bar serves pastas and Neapolitan pizzas with premium Italian imported ingredients.

5. Skyline at Waterplace

Skyline at Waterplace has three stories of waterfront dining, including a rooftop terrace, overlooking the Woonasquatucket River basin in downtown Providence. The Italian-influenced menu includes Rhode Island favorites like Calamari Siciliana, which is fried and tossed with hot pepper rings and garlic butter, and Sunday Meatballs topped with ricotta and red "Sunday Gravy" sauce.

6. Waterman Grille

You probably haven't driven by Waterman Grille. That's because the restaurant is tucked away in Richmond Square, all the way at the end of Waterman Street, at the edge of Providence on Seekonk River. The best time of day to enjoy the menu of wood-grilled meats and seafood they offer is at sunset, when the nearby rowing club has practice and there are boats gliding up and down the river. 

7. Rooftop at the Providence G

In the middle of downtown, The Rooftop at the Providence G is the highest up of three restaurants in the building, including the game-centric G Pub and Sarto, an osteria and salumeria. The rooftop has outdoor fire pits and an all-season dining room that serves shareable foods like raw bar and pizzas, with amazing views of the Superman Building and the rest of the neighborhood.

8. Capital Grille

On WaterFire nights, there's few better places to take in the glowing spectacle than from the patio at the Capital Grille, which also makes it one of the hardest reservations to get. The restaurant serves dry-aged steaks that will cost you, but will be worth every bite.

9. Whiskey Republic

Whiskey Republic is mainly known for its nightlife, including live music, and epic Sunday Funday sports viewing. It's also a restaurant that serves burgers, sandwiches and some Irish fare (probably to go with all the whiskey). On a sunny weekend afternoon, there's no better place for lunch than their patio, overlooking the marina on the Providence River.

10. Cafe Nuovo

Cafe Nuovo's patio is directly on the Providence Riverwalk, at the Gondola Landing where the boats dock, which means if you're lucky, you'll spot gondolas gliding along the water, even if it's not a WaterFire night. The restaurant serves high-end dishes like house-made pastas and steaks from the grill.