Whether it’s homemade pizza dough or store-bought, there are tons of creative and tasty ways to use dough other than just pizza. I mean, don’t get me wrong, there really is nothing better than hot, homemade, cheesy pizza. But these new recipes will make you think twice about what to do with the pizza dough you bought and have laying around in the fridge.

Any recipe you find using biscuit dough, crescent roll dough, or bread dough can basically be substituted with pizza dough. The only difference is that pizza dough tends to be a little denser and less sweet than biscuit or crescent roll dough.

If you substitute one of these for pizza dough, just watch the baking or cooking time to make sure the recipe isn’t under or overcooked. But otherwise, the possibilities with pizza dough are endless.

1. Monkey Bread

pizza dough

Photo by Justin Shannin

Put your dough to proper use and follow this recipe for the ultimate monkey bread. This simple crowd pleaser is sure to be the star of desserts, or even a special breakfast. Make it for a crowd…or make it for yourself and eat the whole thing. To each their own.

2. Pretzels

pizza dough

Photo by Jenny Shen

If you have pizza dough laying around the house, turn it into some soft-baked pretzels. They’ll come out fluffy and golden, just like the pretzels sold at fairs. Pop ’em in the oven and start a movie for the ultimate night in. And while you’re waiting for them to bake, go ahead and take this quiz to see which type of pretzel matches your personality.

3. Pizza Waffles

pizza dough

Photo by Phoebe Melnick

This is an innovative way to consume pizza so it’s not just your average slice. Breakfast AND dinner. If you’re not feelin’ the pizza flavor, then make these Nutella waffles for a sweet treat.

4. Cinnamon Rolls

pizza dough

Photo by Gaby Scelzo

If you have the patience to wait hours to make real homemade cinnamon rolls, then God bless you. But for those of us who don’t and aren’t as talented in the kitchen, pizza dough is a great substitute for making the typical dough. These goodies will come out just as tasty but in much less time. Go crazy with the fillings and try out these mini pumpkin cinnamon rolls if you’re adventurous.

5. Bread Pudding

pizza dough

Photo by Rachel Lee

That’s right. It’s completely possible to make bread pudding from pizza dough. Just bake the dough in a loaf pan, cut it up, let it dry, and whip up the pudding for a bomb dessert. Cinnamon, sugar, vanilla, and even chocolate are all fair game for bread pudding filling.

6. Stromboli

pizza dough

Photo by Natsuko Mazany

If you’re not feelin’ pizza but still want some comfort Italian food, then Stromboli is the way to go. These sandwich pockets filled with delicious cheeses and meats are sure to satisfy your craving for Italian food. Modify the filling based on whatever you have in the fridge that day for an easy homemade dinner.

7. Doughnuts

pizza dough

Photo courtesy of Food52.com

If you don’t feel like making savory food with your pizza dough, doughnuts are your best bet for a fast and delicious dessert, breakfast or snack. You can even get super creative with your toppings for an even more supreme doughnut.

8. Garlic Knots

pizza dough

Photo by Charlotte Sparacino

Garlic knots are great for any get-together. You can make normal knots or you can try the gorgeous garlic knot monkey bread pictured above. Either way, these little knots of goodness are definitely a taste bud pleaser. Good-bye, Dominoes garlic bread, hello homemade knots.

9. Pizza Pot Pie

pizza dough

Photo by of Peter Cheng

Now try saying that three times over. Yup, pizza pot pie is a real thing. And it’s a real good thing. Fill it with regular chicken pot pie filling or make it into your own way.

10. Babka

pizza dough

Photo courtesy of Food52.

Don’t let the name fool you. This traditional Polish dessert is delicious. PS – if you’re feeling really decadent, make this disgustingly good babka french toast.