We all go through times where we just feel like mush. You came to UCLA thinking you had it all figured out. Oh, yeah, me?—said your incoming Freshman self—Yeah, I already know what I’m going to do when I graduate, I’m definitely gonna become a *insert promising, high-income career*. But nothing ever goes exactly to plan. Soon life starts spinning. What have I even been doing?—you ask yourself. You were so busy worrying about the future that you overlooked the world that’s going on right before your eyes.
So you go to Whole Foods. You crave that organic, holistic lifestyle. After making your rounds and trying to pretend like you left there feeling good about the fact that you sampled 20 of those chocolate-coated almonds you cover up the guilt with a purchase of rice cakes. My only solution to pacify this tumultuous time in our lives is Whole Food’s YumEarth Organic Lollipops. They will change your life.
- Each pop is only 22 calories, fat-free, made from real fruit juice, and free of artificial dyes.
- You get your daily 100% dose of Vitamin C with each sucker.
- When you look closer at the ingredients on the packaging, you wonder where the beautiful people who invented these came from. Heaven maybe? Organic evaporated cane juice…organic brown rice syrup…non-gmo citric acid (beet sugar).
- Guilt free.
- They’re 6 dollars for a pack of 40 lollipops. That breaks down to 1-2 pops a day, aka 1-2 beacons of joy in your day.
- You look fresh pulling out a lollipop at a party, especially if you have enough to share. It’s like sharing a little part of your soul.
- They’re the best lollipops you’ll ever taste;the TODAY show’s food editor Phil Lempert agrees.
- The flavors are incredible: pomegranate pucker, wet-face watermelon, strawberry smash, googly grape, very very cherry, perfectly peach, razzmatazz berry, mango tango— these names just call for a good night.
- They’re like a wild card when you’re feeling fun or a get out of jail free card in awkward social situations.
- Because no one really questions you when you’re with your lollipop. You just automatically give off the vibe that you know your shit.
But most importantly, and possibly the reason why I feel so addicted to these things, is because there will come a time. A very important time in your life once you build a connection to the pops, where everything matches up and you know life is good and life is beautiful despite how confused you feel every other second of the day.
You’re playing throwbacks on Spotify and feeling groovy, loving life and everyone around you. A tune will come on. It’s one you know all too well— “Candy Shop” by 50 Cent himself. And yeah you’re gonna be in shock because wait your bag’s full of these YumEarth Organic Lollipops and its Fiddy playing. So once you pull out those lollipops and pass them around, you’ll understand what I’m saying.
You’ll understand that’s what life’s all about, letting go just a l’il bit and enjoying the company of those around you. Because there’s a reason why doctors hand out lollipops after giving you shots—life hurts. And if life’s gonna suck whether we like it or not, why not it suck with a YumEarth lollipop in hand?