Winter can be a dreadful season for some. In areas farther north, the cold can become so dreadful that no one even wants to venture outside. If they do have to go out for school or work, they'll just want to climb into their bed or have a hot shower right after. The best alternative for fighting off these winter blues is a nice, hot pot of chili. These easy chili recipes are easy to make and will warm you up in no time. 

1. Chili Mac and Cheese

This is the ultimate comfort food. Pretty much everyone I know chooses to include pasta with their chili. In fact, I have distinct memories of school lunches where most kids skipped the chili and just took pasta. This chili mac and cheese is the perfect blend of the two and will satisfy any stomach. 

2. Sweet Potato Chili

The sweetness of the potato perfectly counters the spiciness of the rest of this chili recipe, making this a delectable combination. The two different tastes play against each other to give a whole new meaning to chili.

3. Turkey Chili

I originally found this turkey chili recipe when looking for a soup to serve with Thanksgiving dinner. While I was looking for the recipe, I found it was featured on a lot of health and fitness sites. This recipe is pretty healthy and a great way to refresh after a hard workout. 

4. Cherry Chipotle Chili

I always seem to be sick in the winter season and so does everyone around me. Luckily, cherries have lots of anthocyanins, which boost your immune system. Plus, this cherry chili recipe tastes amazing.

5. Pulled Pork Chili

I have a friend who finds a way to incorporate pulled pork into all of his recipes. He can't get enough of the stuff. So, I found and made this pulled pork chili recipe especially for him on his birthday. I bet you'll love it just as much as he did. 

6. Vegetarian Chili

When I first tried vegetarian chili, I was a bit apprehensive. To me, the meat was the star of any chili dish. However, when I tried this recipe I was shocked to discover that you're able to get pretty much all of the chili flavour without the meat. Now this vegetarian chili is a regular staple in my diet. 

7. White Bean Chicken Chili

Although people often call me bland for it, chicken is my favourite meat. If you know how to work with it, it can be the perfect addition to any dish. This white bean chicken chili is a great example. The white colour also sets it wildly apart from your classic chili. 

8. Lamb Cincinnati Chili

Many people don't count Cincinnati Chili as chili, as it's really more of a sauce. It's often used to top spaghetti or sometimes even hot dogs. Even though it's thinner, it's still a type of chili to me. It's the only kind of sauce I'll put on my spaghetti. 

9. Black Bean Chili

Another vegetarian version of chili, the black beans easily make up for the lack of meat in the dish. This black bean chili is deep and flavorful and sure to be perfectly filling for any meal. 

10. Classic Beef Chili

I couldn't round up a collection of chili recipes without including the classic beef chili. This is what everyone thinks of when they imagine chili. It's the epitome of comfort food and loved by many.

With all the kinds of chili recipes, it would be possible to eat nothing but chili over winter and still have variety. Often, I'm tempted to do just that. Even if you don't live somewhere where the chill of winter cuts you to the bone, these recipes can warm both your body and your heart.