Snacking may be my second favorite meal of the day, right next to breakfast. I'm the type of person that usually has food in my bag for those 'just in case' moments. On a recent trip to my local Polish deli, I saw rows of amazing Polish snacks that I doubt most people have tried, nevertheless, heard of. So I thought I would share some of my favorite must try Polish snacks.

1. Pierniki

Natalia Klisch

If you like gingerbread cookies, you will most definitely love pierniki. These delicious gingerbread cookies were always a popular snack in my house and for good reason. Pierniki are gingerbread cookies drizzled over with a sweet glaze, giving it an extra dimension of sweetness and deliciousness. 

2. Delicje Cookies

Natalia Klisch

If you have ever tried a Jaffa cake, these cookies are very similar to them. Delicje cookies have a fluffy biscuit and layer of a fruit jelly that is covered in smooth milk chocolate. There are several flavors that include orange, cherry, strawberry, raspberry, apricot, and lemon. 

3. Jezyki Cookies

Natalia Klisch

Jezyki translates to hedgehog but don't worry no hedgehogs were harmed in the process of making this snack. They're called jezyki because the cookie resembled a hedgehog and I am not sure if its really obvious but for me, this cookie does in a way resemble a hedgehog. There are many flavors of Jezyki cookies but all have a crispy biscuit layer, nuts, dried fruit, caramel, and a chocolate coating. 

4. Princessa

Natalia Klisch

I promised to go beyond Prince Polo and even though this snack may seem similar to it, Princessa is not the same. Princessa is also a crunchy chocolate wafer but has a different taste than Prince Polo. The two flavors featured are Brownie and Coconut White Chocolate.

5. Petitki Biscuits 

Natalia Klisch

Petitki Biscuits are sweet, crumbly milk and honey flavored biscuits. While there are many varies, the chocolate covered ones are by far the best if I may say so myself.

6. Kubus Juice 

Natalia Klisch

Technically this isn't a snack but I thought I should include Kubus Juice anyway because it is certainly worst trying. The base of Kubus Juice is carrots and while the original flavor is carrot, there are also options in which other fruits are added such as bananas, apples, and peaches. It might sound a bit unappetizing to drink carrot juice but don't judge it before you try it.

7. Paluszki

Natalia Klisch

Paluszki were one of my all time childhood favorite snacks. They are thin, crispy pretzel sticks that pair amazingly with any dip and are delicious on their own. Warming: once you start eating paluszki, it is very hard to stop oneself from consumed them all.

8. Chocolate Covered Plum

Natalia Klisch

I know what you must be thinking but give this a try even if you don't like dried plums. Sliwka candy are sweet candied plums dipped in rich dark chocolate. One bite will leave you wanting more. 

9. Sezamki

Natalia Klisch

Sezamki are a popular treat in Poland. This treat has no cholesterol, no trans fat, and is gluten free. It is a simple bar made of sesame seeds covered with honey and wheat syrup.

10. Kinder Bueno

Natalia Klisch

Kinder Bueno is no ordinary chocolate bar. Not only does it have layers of crispy wafer, it is also covered in a milk chocolate coating and has hazelnut filling in the center. Yes, it really does taste as good as it sounds.