Halloween can be difficult to enjoy if you have food allergies or a vegan diet. But instead of missing out on all the best chocolates, you can take matters into your own hands and make your own homemade candy bars. That way, you will know exactly what goes into your treats, so there will be no tricks on your stomach.

Even if you have no dietary restrictions, these recipes are definitely worth a try, because real ingredients make for the best desserts.

1. Kit-Kat

goody, cream, milk chocolate, fudge, sweet, milk, candy, chocolate
Katherine Baker

You won't need a break after making these super simple two ingredient treats, but you'll have plenty of copy cat Kit Kats to munch on through classes as you await Halloween night.

2. Twix

cake, caramel, peanut, peanut butter, butter, chocolate
Arden Sarner

My personal favorite, these caramel-y, cookie-filled bars are full of crunch and contain just three ingredients. If you're a fan of the dark Twix that came out this year, but have trouble finding them, use dark chocolate chips in this recipe and your craving will be satisfied. The sea salt is optional, but highly recommended.

3. Almond Joy

peanut, cannoli, cream, chocolate
Christina Robinson

If you are one of the rare unicorns that doesn't hate this candy bar, this one's for you. This five ingredient recipe is a little more work than most, but if no one is going to bother buying these for your household, you gotta have backup.

4. Reese's

peanut butter, peanut, butter, chocolate
Reed Erickson

These are healthy enough to be both a dessert and a snack. They are 100% plant-based and completely delicious. If, like me, you're team almond butter rather than team PB, swap nut butters for a twist on this classic treat. Or, if you're feeling fancy, try a chocolate nut butter.

5. Snickers

This layered candy bar requires several ingredients, but the result is a decadent treat you can serve as a Halloween party dessert that will impress all of your guests.

6. Baby Ruth

If Snickers don't have quite enough peanuts for you, chances are Baby Ruths are your preferred candy bar. Though peanuts may be the star ingredient, caramel, butterscotch and chocolate make this bar a delicious blend of all the best candy flavors.

7. Three Musketeers

These bars are super simple and the frozen whipped cream in them sets them apart from most other chocolate bars. To make these vegan, simply use vegan chocolate chips (like Enjoy Life) and So Delicious coconut whipped topping.

8. Butterfinger

This is an all-natural version of the classic crunchy treat. The recipe can easily be made vegan if you use vegan chocolate. 

9. Crunch

With just 2 ingredients, these are one of the easiest bars to make. You may even already have everything you need in your pantry, so ditching the packaged bars is a no-brainer.

10. Milky Way

They may look fancy, but making these bars is definitely not rocket science. Five ingredients and about a half hour later, you'll be snacking on these ooey-gooey treats and forgetting all about the inferior, tiny squares in the shiny wrappers.

Whether you're a vegan who doesn't want to miss out on a sweet Halloween, or just a foodie who loves to know exactly what goes into your treats, making these copycat recipes may just become your new tradition.