Bloating is the worst. It's uncomfortable, sometimes painful, and thanks to one too many sodas or that last slice of pizza, zipping up your pants or that little black dress can be a real struggle. The good news? Bloating is something you can avoid or cure pretty easily. It's tied to what and how you eat, and a few simple changes can ease your discomfort. 

1. Bananas

Market, Fruit, yellow summer squash, vegetable, pasture, banana
Amelia Hitchens

Bloated? Go bananas. Bananas are one of the most potassium-rich fruits out there, thus counteracting the effects of sodium in your diet, which is a usual cause of water retention.

2. Watermelon

Bhavya Bansal

Thanks to watermelon's high water content, eating it can help minimize water retention and help beat bloating. Seriously, using water to combat water. Combined with the bloat-fighting potassium you're getting in every serving of watermelon, you'll feel better in no time!

3. Oatmeal

Ayushi Gupta

Oatmeal has shown to have a prebiotic effect on the gut bacteria, resulting in a healthy and happy gut. It also contains potassium, which as mentioned, is good for getting rid of bloating. 

4. Dark Chocolate

tea, coffee, beer
Jeanne Kessira

Dark chocolate, the kind that's at least 70 percent cacao or more, packs fiber and polyphenols. Both of these can increase healthy gut bacteria and have been show to calm inflammation. 

5. Blueberries

Fruit, Healthy, sweet, berry, blueberry, blueberries
Tess Tarantino

Blueberries are a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth. Being high in fiber (and even higher in antioxidants), these delicious berries sure do pack a punch, and thus demonstrate positive effects on the good gut bacteria by helping move food quicker through the intestines to help decrease pressure on your belly. 

6. Lemon

Karan Kapoor

Lemons, and other citrus fruits, are mostly made of water, helping to counteract water retention that can cause bloating. When added to warm water, they also act as a natural diuretic. Seriously, lemon should be your go-to.

7. Almonds

Ayushi Gupta

This is a nut with triple threat when it comes to belly bloat because of the fiber, protein, and prebiotics in an almond. Grab a handful of almonds as a snack to tide you over between meals and you're ready to get rid of that bloat.

8. Tomatoes

Kartik Sharma

Tomatoes are bloat-blasting, because they're packed with lycopene, an antioxidant that's been shown to have a wide variety of anti-inflammatory and de-bloating effects. And they contain lots of potassium. Khloe Kardashian swears by them. 

9. Green Tea

Anirudh Krishnan

Green tea is often used in Chinese and Indian medicine as a natural diuretic. It works to reduce excess water that the body may be holding onto, and it also helps to improve digestion and reduce gas. 

10. Water

water cup, glass, ice, iced water, beer, water

Drink more water. It sounds counter intuitive, but drinking water actually helps your body rid itself of excess fluid. If you’re not hydrating enough, your body holds on to the water it has, thus causing you to bloat. So, go hydrate to and you'll be feeling more comfortable in no time.