Sriracha has been around for a few decades, but in recent years it’s gained popularity in the United States. The red bottle and green cap has made its way onto t-shirts, water bottles and into pantries all over the world.
While the novelty might have faded, sriracha is still the greatest condiment out there. Here are ten facts that will remind you why you love sriracha.
1. Sriracha is an incredibly versatile condiment.
You can use sriracha in so many ways. On top of eggs, in a Bloody Marys, in an aioli dipping sauce, on popcorn and many more. If you are a sriracha lover, you know that this list is endless.
2. Sriracha snacks and drinks are in a store near you.
Popcorn Indiana makes sriracha popcorn. Pringles and Lay’s both make sriracha potato chips, and UV makes sriracha vodka. Eeekkk.
3. You can visit sriracha’s namesake.
Sriracha is named after a coastal town in Thailand called Si Racha. It’s time to book a flight, amiright?
4. There’s a reason behind that famous rooster.
The rooster symbolizes the founder’s zodiac sign.
5. Sriracha can help you burn calories.
Spicy foods containing capsaicin can speed up your metabolism, so add sriracha to your meal to boost your metabolism. Awesome.
6. Sriracha doesn’t contain weird ingredients that you can’t pronounce.
Sriracha doesn’t contain any artificial colors. That red color is 100% chili, baby.
7. You might be pronouncing it wrong.
This amazing hot sauce is pronounced: see-ROTCH-ah. See-ROTCH-ah.
8. You can take sriracha with you wherever you go.
For true sriracha lovers, you can take it on the go with this handy key chain.
9. You can also visit where sriracha is made.
The Huy Fong foods factory is in Irwindale, California, and you can tour it for free. Definitely adding this place to my bucket list.
10. Sriracha is very different than other hot sauces.
Garlic makes sriracha a much better condiment than other hot sauces, like the ones in this video. That’s why it rocks.