Winter break is right around the corner and for students, whether you’re a freshman or a senior, the next few weeks will be filled with finals, all-nighters and loads of coffee. Though we are busy stressing freaking out about our grades, we shouldn’t forget what we are going to miss about Eugene when we go home. Here are ten Eugene eats you’re going to wish you had at home during the holidays.

10. Dough Co.

Eugene

Photo by Oregon Spoon

Late nights consisting of warm calzones and gooey cookies. Who wouldn’t miss that? Dough Co, you know exactly what a college student needs at 1am.

9. Caspian Mediterranen Cafe

Eugene

Photo courtesy of Taylor Wilder, The Daily Emerald

With late hours and super cheap authentic mediterranean food ranging from gyros to shawarma, you’re sure to miss this good joint. So close to campus and so close to my heart.

8. Sweet Basil Express

Eugene

Photo courtesy of Sweet Basil Express

Sweet Basil Express is definitely a go-to for students who don’t want to cook. I am going to miss stuffing my face with their huge portions of pad thai.

7. Cornucopia Bar & Burgers

Eugene

Photo by Makaya Pratt

Located a little off campus near the Inn at 5th, Cornucopia has burgers so big they’re gonna make you want to come back to Eugene. Looking at this photo already makes me salivate…

6. Sweet Life Desserts

Eugene

Photo by Judy Holtz

How are you gonna cure your sweet tooth over winter break without this amazing bakery and coffeeshop?

5. Vero Espresso House

Eugene

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

A place where you can drink your coffee/tea/eat and enjoy doing some homework, Vero Espresso is the spot to get your work done. And I mean, actually get things accomplished. We’re going to miss the good vibes at this house-turned-cafe and the awesome selection of food.

4. Off The Waffle

Eugene

Photo courtesy of offthewaffle.com

A place that has waffles named, “THE SELF-FULFILLING PROPHECY” and “BE BRIE-PEARED” will be missed when fall quarter is over. With any type of waffle to fulfill whatever type of tooth you are having (sweet, savory, in-between) Off The Waffle’s got it all. Oh the waffles you’ll go…

3. Prince Puckler’s Gourmet Ice Cream

Eugene

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

When Barack Obama was campaigning for presidency in 2008, he stopped by Prince Puckler’s to have some ice cream. Famous for the mint chip ice cream Obama loved so much, Prince Puckler’s has been the “it” ice cream destination for students and families everywhere. With amazing seasonal flavors like marionberry sorbet, Prince Puckler’s is one of a kind. And unfortunately, that one is here and not at home.

2. Tacovore

Eugene

Photo courtesy of Makaya Pratt

Two words, TACO-VORE. Us taco-vores are sure to miss the great taco menu and amazing happy hour over the long break. The website says it all: “It’s here. Tacos. Tequila. #duh”

1. Papa’s Soul Food

Eugene

Photo courtesy of Judy Holtz

Southern cooking food doesn’t get better than this. Located in the Whiteaker, Papa’s Soul Food is probably what Mariah Carey was talking about when she said “All I want for Christmas is Youuuu.” Home cooking soul food consisting of fried chicken and mac and cheese is going to be on my wish list, and it definitely should be on yours too.

It’s sad to see fall quarter come to an end, but the break is a great reminder that Eugene food is the best. See ya in 3 weeks Eugene, I can’t wait to submerge myself in all your foodie wonders.