If you celebrate Christmas, you probably remember the age-old tradition of leaving cookies and milk out for Santa. It was heartbreaking having to sacrifice a handful of mom's (or grandma's) coveted confections that would magically disappear sometime in the middle of the night.

I would wake up at some God awful hour the next morning and sprint downstairs, not to open the presents but to see if Santa had exercised any self control. Each year I hoped he had either passed up my offering or generously left a cookie for ME. But nope. That fat bastard always ate them all.

beer, alcohol, liquor, soda, ice
Morgan Wujkowski

This year, pair craft winter beer and Christmas cookies for a snack that will definitely make Santa jealous. And the best part? You don't have to share with him! You may feel naughty, but these combos are oh-so nice.

Boulevard Brewing Co.'s  Snow & Tell + Chocolate Chip Cookies

beer, wine, alcohol
Morgan Wujkowski

It's debatable as to whether or not chocolate chip cookies should actually considered a "Christmas" cookie, but let's face it, they go better with beer than with milk. So why not eat them with a winter beer? Snow & Tell's caramel malt brings out the sweetness of the chocolate chips so you feel like you're both eating and drinking dessert.

ABV: 6.3%

Rogue Ales Brewery's Santa's Private Reserve Ale + Shortbread

chocolate
Morgan Wujkowski

A light cookie calls for a lighter beer. That's why shortbread cookies are the long lost soulmate of this beer/cookie affair. There's a reason Santa is pictured on the label with a beer stein.

ABV: 5%

Southern Tier Brewing Company's 2XMAS + Cucidati

beer, liquor
Morgan Wujkowski

Brewed with figs, orange peels, and spices, this beer begs to be imbibed with cucidati (Italian fig Christmas cookies) and will carol your bells as you wish everyone buon Natale!

ABV: 8.5%

Brasserie d'Achouffe's N'Ice + Gingerbread

wine, beer, alcohol
Morgan Wujkowski

Gingerbread cookies are a quintessential holiday cookie. They're fun to decorate, fun to gorge yourself on, and when paired with N'Ice Chouffe, they are—as Barefoot Contessa would say—absolutely fabulous. Just be sure to actually eat some of the gingerbread cookie because this beer will jingle your bells with its Santa-sized alcohol content.

ABV: 10%

Abita Brewing's Christmas Ale + Snickerdoodles

coffee
Morgan Wujkowski

Holly your jolly with snickerdoodle cookies and Abita Brewing's Christmas Ale. The recipe for this dark ale changes every year, but it's guaranteed to always taste divine when paired with lots and lots of sugary snickerdoodles.

ABV: 5.5%

Victory Brewing Company's Winter Cheers + Frosted Sugar Cookies

beer, stout, wine, cake
Morgan Wujkowski

Tired of all the heavy, malty beers that leave you feeling full without a good buzz? Well, don't get your tinsel in a tangle. Victory's Winter Cheers is a refreshing wheat beer that's both light in flavor and easy on the tummy. Make it the most wonderful time of the year by pairing it with frosted sugar cookies.

ABV: 6.7%

Samuel Adams' White Christmas + Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies

beer, wine, alcohol, liquor
Morgan Wujkowski

Christmastime is all about traditions (and also food, and presents, and parties) and it doesn't get more traditional than Sam Adams. White Christmas is a hazy ale brewed with light spices that is best consumed with peanut butter thumbprint cookies. So do as our forefathers did: eat, drink, and be merry! 

ABV: 5.8%

Anderson Valley Brewing Co.'s Winter Solstice Seasonal Ale + Coconut Macaroons

beer, wine, coffee, alcohol
Morgan Wujkowski

Looking for a little extra Christmas cheer? Pop open a bottle of Winter Solstice Seasonal Ale. This beer's rich, creamy flavors of toffee and caramel shine brighter than the Griswold house when you pair it with chocolate-dipped coconut Macaroons.

ABV: 6.9%

Hughe Brewery's Delirium Noel + Snowball Cookies

chocolate, milk, candy, sweet, cream, coffee
Morgan Wujkowski

If you're a beer snob or into international tastes, chances are you're familiar with the Delirium beers. Don't be turned off by the slightly creepy, anteater-looking elephant on the label because Delirium Noel will have you rockin' around your Christmas tree as you snack on some classic snowball cookies. The combination of the powdered sugar from the cookies and the faintly bitter/sweet aftertaste of the beer will warm your spirit and soul.

ABV: 10%

Fat Head's Holly Jolly Christmas Ale + Peppermint Bark

beer, ale, liquor, lager, alcohol
Morgan Wujkowski

Peppermint bark, while technically not a cookie, is a delicious Christmas dessert (or breakfast, in my case). And Fat Head's Holly Jolly Christmas Ale, with its seasonal spices and hysterical festive label will make you feel merry and bright when consumed with the chocolate/candy cane-coated peppermint bark. 

ABV: 7.4%

Just don't forget to celebrate responsibly!