From nachos to casseroles, tortilla chips are so much more than just a vessel for your favorite dips. Still, there's no denying the legendary courtship between guacamole and tortilla chips. But with so many existing tortilla chip brands out there, there are bound to be some standouts (and some let-downs) vying for the final rose. The journey wasn't easy, but after countless group dates and some one-on-ones, I've unearthed the best tortilla chips for all your favorite dips and dishes.

10. Tostitos Baked Scoops 

I'm all about eating healthy, but when it comes to tortilla chips, they're really not that bad to begin with. Tostitos' baked version of its famous chip promises 50 percent less fat, but the calorie and sodium difference is insignificant. When these chips step out of their plastic limo, they may look like perfect match for your guacamole, but they actually taste pretty bland and are missing that signature crunch of Tostitos. But for a healthier tortilla chip option, these are worth buying.

9. 365 Everyday Value Organic Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips 

When it comes to finding the best tortilla chip, it really comes down to striking the perfect balance between salt content and surface area. That's why any chip advertised as "lightly salted" needs to be seriously inspected. Is it even possible to achieve the ideal ratio when you restrict the most important ingredient in the equation? With these tortilla chips, it works.

8. Herr's Restaurant Style White Corn Tortilla Chips 

Another fine line for tortilla chip lovers is the width. If the chip is so thin it can't support your guacamole, it's not a mutually beneficial relationship. But the break-up shouldn't be too bad, as these delicate wafers will work great as a coating for Tortilla Crusted Scallops.

7. Garden of Eatin' Yellow Chips 

The best part about these guys is the crunch factor. It's almost impossible not to smile at the satisfying sound of chomping down on these tasty triangles. My only complaint would be an overpowering flavor of corn, but I guess that's what I signed up for with a brand name like Garden of Eatin'. 

6. Santitas Tortilla Triangles

Chip lovers mourned the day Santitas announced its Tortilla Triangles would no longer be famously "$2 only." They're still the same great chip they always were: salty, crunchy, and perfect for dipping. But somehow the new packaging makes them taste just a tad less flavorful. If you're looking to save the bag for longer than a single sitting, try using the smaller portions to break into your Chicken Tortilla Soup.

5. Tostitos Original Restaurant Style

Is it just me, or are these chips always just a little too big? The massive surface area of these monsters lends them more toward pizza crust and nachos than it does to dipping. Guacamole may disappear too fast if you set these out for game day, so instead try using them in this Big Dish O' Nachos.

#SpoonTip: It's pretty hard to mess up messy nachos, but make sure you don't burn your cheese by placing a sheet of parchment paper over your plate before microwaving. 

4. On The Border Café Style 

These yummy chips taste like they just came out of the restaurant, with the added bonus that they don't have all the grease and sprinkled-on salt like the ones typically delivered to your table. They go perfectly with salsa because they're a bit saltier, but they've made it to the final four so they're definitely a contender for guacamole's heart. 

3. Calidad Tortilla Chips 

As we narrow down to the final three, it's important to remember that it's not about the journey, it's about the destination. In the end, the destination for tortilla chips is the guacamole bowl, and these crunchy, salty chips by Calidad were simply born to end up there. Feeling rebellious? Try them in this recipe for Tortilla Chip Mozzarella Sticks to change their fate. 

2. Tostitos Bite-Size Rounds

Unlike gigantic counterparts, one bite fits all with these equally amazing Tostitos chips. More chips in the bag and an Insta-worthy photo opportunity? Count me in. If you want to rack up even more likes, try using these in this recipe for Tortilla Chip-Crusted Cauliflower Tots

1. Mission Tortilla Chips 

Sturdy enough to support guacamole, and just salty enough to complement the creamy, subtle flavor of avocado, Mission's heavenly tortilla chips top the list. The best part? These chips arrive in a pretty large paper bag, so you'll be able to rely on these guys to last you an entire game day get-together. Pair them with this killer guacamole for a game changing snack. 

Lucky for you, tortilla chips are a universally beloved snack. So when you host your next event, just remember to grab enough bags to satisfy your guests (and your dips), and everyone will live happily ever after.