Since I started college, Aldi has been my one true love when it comes to grocery shopping. Not only is it super affordable, but the store actually carries a lot of convenient items that you can't find at other grocery stores and affordable vegan products that make my life in college so much easier. 

It's no surprise that following a vegan or vegetarian diet can be difficult in college, especially when living in a dorm. When I discovered that Aldi carries a large variety of vegan and vegetarian items, I had to try them out! Here are my favorite top 10 affordable vegan products you can buy at Aldi.

1) Earth Grown Veggie Burgers

Karly Wilson

I LOVE these things. If you ask my roommates, they can tell you that I basically live off of these veggie burgers. My favorite flavor is the Kale Veggie Burger, which is packed with a ton of veggies and full of flavor. Aldi also sells other flavors like Black Bean Chipotle, Quinoa Crunch, and Soy Protein. One box contains 4 veggie burgers and is $3.59. I recommend heating them up in a skillet with oil until they form a nice crisp edge.

2) Friendly Farms Almond Milk

Karly Wilson

I honestly don't know a single vegan or vegetarian who doesn't have almond milk in their fridge. It seems to be the go-to milk substitute these days. I use almond milk for a variety of things, but my all-time favorite is overnight oats. When I first tried this almond milk, I was expecting it to be a little watery and lower quality than most almond milks I have bought. However, I was pleasantly surprised. It has the perfect consistency and flavor, and I definitely prefer it over most milk substitutes. Aldi sells a range of almond milks, from unsweet original to sweetened vanilla, as well as other nut milks like coconut milk. A half gallon of almond milk is $2.29. 

3) Earth Grown Vegan Mozzarella

Karly Wilson

I've tried my fair share of vegan cheese, and I have to say that this one is actually pretty good. Overall, I'm not a huge fan of cheese replacements, but if I had to compile a list of my favorites, this one would definitely be on there. It has very nice melting abilities and doesn't taste chalky like most vegan cheeses. An 8oz package is $3.29, making it slightly cheaper than most vegan cheeses out there. So the next time you're in the mood for some vegan pizza or quesadillas, be sure to check this one out.

4) Season's Choice Mediterranean Quinoa

Karly Wilson

These frozen bags of quinoa are a HUGE lifesaver! I eat quinoa almost every day so when I found these in the frozen section, they made meal prepping for the week a whole lot easier. They come in two different flavors: Mediterranean Quinoa and Kale, Garlic, and Onion Quinoa. Both flavors are so delicious and perfectly seasoned. You simply pop them in the microwave for a few minutes and voilà, perfectly cooked quinoa every time! A 12oz bag sells for $2.99. 

5) Season's Choice Riced Cauliflower

Karly Wilson

Riced Cauliflower is my new favorite rice replacement! I love putting it in veggie stir-fry to add more vegetables and flavor. Since its frozen, it's super convenient to add to any meal. A 12oz bag is $1.89. Besides fried rice and stir-fry, riced cauliflower can be used in salads, pizza crust, wraps, bowls, veggie burgers, risotto, and more. 

6) Park Street Hummus

Karly Wilson

Another thing you should know about me is that I LOVE hummus. I don't say that lightly... I love it. I've eaten hummus for the past five meals, no joke. Although I prefer making my own hummus, Aldi's hummus game is pretty strong. They have a variety of flavors, all for $1.89 a package. My favorites are the White Bean & Basil and Roasted Garlic

7) Earth Grown Meatless Meatballs

Karly Wilson

My mom makes some pretty bomb meatballs, and I'm always so sad I can't eat them. When I found these at Aldi, I was excited to have my own version of meatballs, even though they're not my mom's special recipe. These meatless meatballs are made with soy protein and seasoned with garlic and parsley. They are so good I will eat them plain as a snack. A package is $3.89. Next time you are making spaghetti, be sure to try these out!

8) Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness Smoothies

Karly Wilson

Smoothies are one of my all time favorite things to drink. I'm also a big fan of green smoothies, so when I found this one at Aldi I had to try it! It basically tastes just like Naked smoothies but for a fraction of the cost. This entire bottle is $3.29, and it is the perfect balance of fruit and vegetables mixed into one drink. This is the perfect addition to my list of the top 10 affordable vegan products you can buy at Aldi. 

9) Simply Nature Seedtastic Bread

Karly Wilson

A few months ago, my mom made me a vegan grilled cheese using this bread and I loved it. When I found out she got the bread at Aldi, I loved it even more because that meant my broke college self could buy it when I got back to school. The bread is perfect for avocado toast, grilled cheese, or just plain toast. A loaf is $4.29 and contains all the whole grains and seeds your heart desires. 

10) Simply Nature Vegetable Chips

Karly Wilson

Have you guys ever tried Terra Chips? Because they are AMAZING! However, they are on the pricy end, especially for a bag of chips that will get devoured in no time. One day I was walking though Aldi thinking about those chips when I ran across one of the best affordable vegan products sold at Aldi. I knew I had to buy them because they are just like Terra Chips for half the price ($2.89). The bag was gone as soon as I got home. Oops. 

I hope this list of affordable vegan products will come in handy the next time you are grocery shopping. Finding these products has definitely been beneficial when it comes to following a vegan diet in college. I know my bank account is happy about it too!