Instagram came out with this new app: Layout. You might’ve seen Penn’s recent attempt to use the app. Eh. Landscapes are fine but to really let Layout achieve its full potential, we at Spoon decided to use it as we know best: for food pix. Here’s what we did and recommend. Enjoy.

1. Take different pictures of your favorite type of food and put them all together. Obviously, my favorite is oatmeal, so I pooled together some of my most memorable bowls. To me, this is what true beauty looks like.

Layout

Photo by Dina Zaret

2. We figured the best kind of collage includes ~trendy~ food, so pick one you like and repeat it over and over. We went with lots of avo (duh) and bright peppers on eggs.

Layout

Photo by Dina Zaret

Then we tried the mirror effect with an avo-egg toast (I spy chili flakes). Don’t you kinda wish yolks were always like this?

Layout

Photo by Dina Zaret

3. Raw ingredients are sometimes the prettiest, so play around with pictures of fresh veggies and fruits. I call this I call this one “Tomatoes 1.”

Layout

Photo by Dina Zaret

And this is “Tomatoes 1 Post Slice.”

Layout

Photo by Dina Zaret

And the final installment, “Tomatoes 2.” Boy, that escalated quickly.

Layout

Photo by Dina Zaret

Moving on, here are some prominently displayed figs at a Jerusalem market. If only frogro looked like this…

Layout

Photo by Dina Zaret

Also, I think I’ve decided to start a new kind of abstract art based solely on blood oranges. Hmu if you want in.

Layout

Photo by Dina Zaret

4. If you’re anything like me, coffee is as much a human necessity as food is. Plus, since the designs on lattes and such are too pretty to not include, we suggest making patterns out of patterns. We used this beautiful macchiato, and I’m feeling more awake just looking at it.

Layout

Photo by Dina Zaret