If you're trying to quit coffee and consume more nutrients in your morning beverage, while not sacrificing the taste and energy boost, you're in luck. This coffee alternative called Dandy Blend may be the perfect solution for you.

What Is Dandy Blend?

Dandy Blend is a naturally sweetened herbal coffee substitute that contains the smoothness and texture of real coffee. It is made with only five ingredients: extracts of barley, rye, dandelion, chicory and beet roots. This is also the only instant coffee substitute to use dandelion root on the market.

Dandy Blend is a water-soluble powder that can be consumed either hot or cold, and depending on how much powder you use, can make beverages from a light tea to a  strong expresso. This versatile powder can also be baked into desserts or added into a smoothie.

What Are The Health Benefits? 

Each cup of Dandy Blend contains 16 major and trace minerals including potassium, magnesium, and calcium. Dandy Blend is perfect for individuals with various diets and allergies, because it is both vegan and gluten-free. This coffee alternative is also perfectly suitable for all members in your house, including pregnant women, children, and pets.

Health care providers often advise their patients to quit coffee if they have a number of health conditions, including heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, Crohn's disease, and migraines. However, quitting coffee can be a hard feat, especially if you depend on it for a caffeine source.

While Dandy Blend is caffeine free, the naturally occurring trace minerals in dandelion root support adrenal functions that provide energy. People have even reported that Dandy Blend gives them so much energy that they can’t fall asleep if they drink it right before bed. 

How To Make The Switch

The switch is easy. You can simply change from drinking coffee to Dandy Blend without any withdrawal symptoms. Drink as much Dandy Blend as you would coffee in a day. Although most people don't find it necessary, you can also mix coffee and Dandy Blend together and gradually increase the proportion of it or drink coffee in the morning and Dandy Blend the rest of the day. 

Where Can You Get It?

Emma Weinberg

Dandy Blend can be purchased on Amazon or online health foods stores such as iHerb for as little as $11.99  or 7 cents a cup, which is less than coffee per cup. Therefore, Dandy Blend is perfect for those on a budget. I purchase the 2 lbs. bag on Amazon, however Dandy Blend is also available in 3.5 and 7 oz bags. 

I switched from drinking coffee to Dandy Blend a year ago and have since convinced my entire family to start drinking it as well. I love topping my Dandy Blend with about a 1/4 cup of Califia Farms Toasted Coconut Almond Milk. It's honestly to die for.

Other Coffee Alternatives

Have a sweet tooth? The brand Teeccino makes Dandelion Caramel Nut flavored Chicory Herbal Tea Bags that taste just like a caramel latte, but are made with roasted carob, chicory, dandelion root, dates, almonds, natural caramel nut flavor, and organic figs.

So start reaping the many health benefits from dandelion roots with these coffee alternatives today, I promise you won't regret it.