As a college student, it can be tough to eat out. It's frustrating when you're sick of dining hall food, but don't have the funds to order anything besides pizza. Luckily, as one of the largest college cities, Boston has lots of hidden restaurants that will satisfy your cravings without breaking the bank. Here are a few of my favorites:

Roxy's Grilled Cheese

Roxy's Grilled Cheese started as a small food truck business, but now has three locations around Boston. They sell dressed up grilled cheese sandwiches, starting at $5. My favorite is the Hot Honey Bacon grilled cheese—the perfect blend of sweet, salty, and spicy—and it's only $7. Roxy's can be your new go-to place for a cheap meal that won't hurt your bank account.

Dumpling Palace

If you're on that late night library grind and are craving some Chinese takeout, try Dumpling Palace. You can get eight fried dumplings for just $7.75, or fried rice dishes for as cheap as $6.95. The portions are big so you definitely get your money's worth. You can also go for lunch between 11 am. and 4 pm for their special combo deal where you get two choices of meat, soup, and rice for $8.50. Definitely a deal worth checking out. 

Tasty Burger

You can never go wrong with cheeseburgers, especially when they're as cheap as the ones from Tasty Burger. Tasty Burger offers a variety of burgers, like their Hubba Burger with chili, cheese, and scallions, all for $6.25. They also have a student deal called the Starvin' Student where you can get a burger with fries and a large drink for $10. Burgers taste better when they don't make you feel guilty about spending money.

In A Pickle

If you're looking for a Saturday morning breakfast place, check out In A Pickle. They offer over 13 varieties of omelets all for around $10, and breakfast sandwiches for around $6. A crowd favorite is their Caramel Crunch French Toast ($8.99), which has caramel flavored French toast topped with whipped cream and a crunchy topping. If you have a sweet tooth, try their Snicker Pancakes ($8.99) or Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pancakes ($9.25). Gather the squad and head over to In A Pickle next weekend.

The Paris Creperie

The Paris Creperie is another great breakfast or lunch spot that serves unique and mouthwatering crepes for a low price. My favorite sweet crepe is their Berry Manilow, which is a poppy seed crepe filled with sweet cream cheese and blueberries. The best part is that it's only $4.99 if you order the petite size, or $9.99 for the regular. Most of their savory crepes are around $11,  and my personal favorite is the Affectation crepe that's filled with bacon, goat cheese, arugula, and fig spread. You're sure to find a crepe that satisfies you, and at a great price. 

Coreanos

If you've always wanted to try Korean food for a good price, try Coreanos in Allston. Their rice bowls, which are $10.95, are filled with a variety of vegetables and sauces topped with a sunny side egg and miso soup on the side. They also offer kimchi quesadillas, which are tortillas filled with kimchi, cheese, and any toppings, for $7.95. Coreanos has picture-worthy food for a great price. 

Eating out as a college student doesn't always have to be a struggle. A lot of places offer student discounts, so never be afraid to ask. Good food at great prices will make your college experience even better.