I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t in a Starbucks while writing this because, well, I need my afternoon pick-me-up. But as my energy goes down, so does the balance of my checking account being that I spend almost $5 on every Starbucks trip I take. With these 5 hacks, you can save yourself money and calories on some of Starbucks biggest fan favorites.

1. Vanilla Latte to Dark Roast Vanilla Coffee

Starbucks

Photo by Rachel Hernandez

Instead of ordering a tall vanilla latte for $3.93, order a tall dark roast coffee with 2 pumps of sugar-free vanilla, cream, and a Splenda. With this clever substitution you will save $1.82.

2. Strawberries and Creme Frap to “Pink Drink”

Starbucks

Photo by Rachel Hernandez

Ditch that calorie filled frap for a sweet substitution. The newest rave is the secret “pink drink”. Order a “pink drink” and try it out. It’s just a berry refresher with coconut milk. You can save $1.14 when you order a tall.

3. Iced Caramel Macchiato to Caramel Iced Coffee

Starbucks

Photo by Rachel Hernandez

Keep that sweet tooth satisfied with almost no fat. Switch from an iced caramel macchiato to a caramel iced coffee with an extra pump of caramel syrup, cream, and a caramel drizzle. Saving $1.71 now can buy you more later.

4. Mocha to Dark Roast with Cocoa

Starbucks

Photo by Rachel Hernandez

With a hefty reputation to hold, the mocha stands as a winter favorite for coffee lovers everywhere, but save the calories and fat with this easy substitution. Order a dark roast with cream, and add in cocoa powder and a Splenda or two — without sacrificing any flavor. Not only will you not be losing flavor, but also saving $1.82.

5. Vanilla Sweet Bean Cold Brew to Iced Vanilla Coffee

Starbucks

Photo by Rachel Hernandez

Here’s the truth, the Vanilla Sweet Bean Creamer has TONS of sugar. And by a ton, I mean it has the amount you DO NOT want to have when trying to maintain that beach body. The hack? Ditch the sugary concoction for a vanilla iced coffee, and add your own half and half and sweetener. You will only be saving $0.69, but the amount of sugar it lacks will make up for it.

Starbucks

Graphic by Spoon University