If you're on foodie Tik Tok, which I'm assuming you are if you're reading this, then you know who Emily Mariko is. She posts everything from lifestyle videos and farmers' market hauls to tasty recipes. When she posted her creative way of eating leftover salmon and rice, the internet went crazy. Obviously, I had to see what all the hype was about so I got to work on creating my own Emily Mariko salmon bowl.

The Recreation

To recreate this recipe, I got seaweed snacks (small sheets of roasted nori which you can find at your local Target), Sriracha, mayo, soy sauce, avocado (if you're feeling fancy), rice, salmon, and some umami seasonings. I started off by just cooking the salmon and rice, but if you have leftovers that would work perfectly too. For the salmon, I decided to season with salt, pepper, and the Trader Joe's umami seasoning which added the perfect savory flavor. From there, just throw all the ingredients in a bowl. Seriously, it's that easy. 

Juliana Morcos

Once your bowl looks like beautiful like the above picture, smash it until you've incorporated all the ingredients and it looks something like this: 

Juliana Morcos

What Now? 

You might be thinking that it's time to dig in. But wait, there's more. Grab your chopsticks and seaweed snacks and make your own little deconstructed sushi rolls (almost like tacos). If you get sick of dropping your salmon with the chopsticks, don't be ashamed to use your hands to pick up the mixture with the seaweed snack (I definitely did). The seaweed snack serves as the perfect vehicle to scoop up delicious salmon rice without getting your hands dirty.

Juliana Morcos

The Review

Seriously guys, try this. It's such an easy way to spice up your leftovers or get your sushi fix without having to spend all the money. The mix of sriracha and mayo tasted just like any other spicy mayo from a sushi restaurant. The addition of soy sauce balanced out the spice perfectly and the seaweed tied it all together. If I wouldn't have known any better, I would have thought I was eating at a nice sushi restaurant (except for the fact that I was scooping up rice with my hands).