Thanksgiving dinner doesn't have to be difficult to make. In fact, a microwave is really all you need. If you're staying at the dorms this holiday, or just making a Friendsgiving dinner with your roommates, you don't have to miss out on this traditional tasty meal.

Turkey

chocolate
Helena Lin

Yes, it really is possible to microwave a turkey. Buy a turkey breast and cover it in a microwave-safe bag, then cook it for 10 minutes per pound on medium power. Easier alternatives include buying precooked turkey and simply reheating it later. Or, if you prefer chicken, rotisserie chicken is always a great substitute. 

Mashed Potatoes

milk, cream, dairy product, mashed potatoes, butter, dairy
Caitlin Shoemaker

Poke holes in the potatoes about half an inch deep using a knife or fork. Place the potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl that you cover with plastic wrap (make sure to leave a small opening) and microwave on high for about 3 minutes per potato. Afterwards, add the extra desired ingredients (milk, butter, paprika, sour cream, salt, etc.) while mashing, and presto.

Cranberry Sauce

jam, sweet, berry, marmalade, gelatin, cranberry sauce, compote
Helena Lin

Buy a 12-oz bag of cranberries and a cup of sugar. Combine together in a bowl with 1/2 cup of water. Cover the bowl with wax paper or plastic wrap and microwave on high for five minutes.

Stuffing

chicken
Liz Kaplan

The quickest and easiest method is to buy StoveTop stuffing. Simply add the stuffing mix with 1 1/2 cups of hot water and 1/4 cup of chopped butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover the bowl and microwave on high for about 5 to 6 minutes, then it's ready to serve. Add vegetables or extra seasoning for a tastier side dish.

Cornbread

cream, dairy product, milk, pudding, custard
Alex Weiner

Make this easy cornbread in a few minutes. Made just like a mug cake, simply mix the ingredients together in a mug and microwave until ready. 

Biscuits/Rolls

sweet, pastry, bread, dough, biscuits, cookie, cake, scone
Virginia Dodenhoff

This is the easiest part, since all types of rolls and biscuits are available at your local grocery store. It's a simple yet essential piece to the Thanksgiving dinner.

Dessert

coffee, espresso, cappuccino, cream, milk
Sarah Joh

Pumpkin pie is a seasonal and traditional meal for most people, and it can be made in under five minutes. Check out this simple mug cake recipe to get your pumpkin fix in.

Try some of these recipes and enjoy a delicious Thanksgiving (or Friendsgiving) meal right in your dorm. Plus, you'll have plenty of leftovers to enjoy for the next few days.