Hosting a Fling downtown pregame or trying to have a boozy beginning to the biggest Saturday of the year? Are you and your friends sick of settling for left-over iced tea and flat Diet Coke to accompany the less than average alcohol you are about to gulp down? What about music–are your playlists on iTunes slacking? Down to play some drinking games but bored of the same old beer pong and flip cup? Don’t fret–we’ve come up with a few tips on how to spice up your Fling pregame plans with minimal hassle. I guarantee you’ll have even more fun than the cops living up their long time fantasy of going undercover and reenacting their favorite scenes from 21 Jump Street. Except they’ll be wearing V-necks instead of prom tuxes.

THE DRINKS

Mimosa-Cocktail-Recipe-1

First and foremost come the beverages. No pregame can be top-notch without a plethora of alcohol that will satisfy the taste of any guest.

If you’ve got some tequila on hand, I recommend going with a grapefruit soda to accompany it. This simple combination is a staple cocktail at many bars–and tastes delicious. Garnish with a lime if you’re feeling professional. (Tip: If you don’t have grapefruit soda, simply mixing grapefruit juice and seltzer will suffice!) For more tequila inspiration, check out some of these ideas.

You can also use that extra grapefruit juice and mix it with some vodka. With a little salt on the rim, this drink is called the Salty Dog and is minimalistic but extremely scrumptious.

Also, if you’re anything like me, you always have some extra bottles of Snapple Peach Iced Tea on hand. Top some bourbon off with this classic beverage and you’ve got a refreshing mixed drank to start your night off right.

Gorgeous watermelon margaritas? It is spring time after all.

Finally, do you have some leftover bubbly from your most recent champagne-and-shackles soiree? Pour it up with some OJ (freshly squeezed if you really wanna do it right) for the perfect, White Dog-worthy mimosa. Even better, get some peach puree as an additional option and make some tasty Bellinis.

THE MUSIC

WhiteGirlMusic: This music and lifestyle blog is a necessity for any get together. With playlists ranging from “Cruisin'” to “Wine & Cheese” and “Pre-Game,” you’ll be able to score the perfect music mix to accompany the vibe of your shindig.

From tpimagazine.com

8tracks: One of my favorite music websites, 8tracks has an unlimited database of user-created playlists–and tons of them are made to be played at your pregame. Follow this link and you’ll see what I mean.

Complex Music: If your more of a do-it-yourself kind of party thrower, Complex Music put together a list of 21 pregame-ready songs to start the party off right.

THE GAMES

One of my all-time favorite drinking games is Cheers Governor. Perfect for any size group, this game is guaranteed to make your pregame one to remember. Instructions here.

Slap Cup is another extremely underrated game that gets more heated than a frat tourney of beer pong. You will definitely need a lot of plastic cups for this one and a ping-pong ball, but those aren’t too hard to find. Also, it is usually played with beer, but any beverage will work. Use your imagination. Instructions here.

From slapcupusa.com

If you’re having a more relaxed, chill pregame with a few friends, games based on TV shows are always fun. There are tons of different versions of these all over the Internet, but here’s one of my favorites, based on the hilarious Comedy Central series, Workaholics.

Overall, I hope that these tips and tricks will encourage any and all party people to step up their (pre)game. Fling on, thirsty ones!