New year, new me. Right? Well, maybe that New Year diet that fades out within a week begins with cauliflower. Cauliflower is a great way to replace hefty carbohydrates with a veggie your body loves. Just go look up the benefits of cauliflower and you will be pleasantly surprised. Also, it's a fun way to get in the kitchen and experiment with easy recipes that make you feel great. Oh, and do not think I am a bread hater. Bread is life. Let's start a movement to replace carbs with cauliflower. 

Here are some recipes and ways to replace carbohydrates with cauliflower:

1. Cauliflower Mash

Easier to make and just as delicious as mashed potatoes.

Break a head of cauliflower into florets and boil in water. Next, drain and put everything in a Cuisinart (or any powerful blender) while still hot. Finally, add salt, pepper, butter, and chicken broth. There is room to add any spices to your liking. Enjoy!

rice, cereal, milk, cottage cheese, dairy product, dairy, curd
Lora Maghen

2. Cauliflower Pizza Crust

Thin crust pizza lovers, this is for you.

First, preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Get a baking sheet out and cover with parchment paper. Cut cauliflower head into florets, and put into any blender and pulse until they are finely ground up. Take the ground cauliflower in a bowl and put into the microwave for 8 minutes. Next, place microwaved cauliflower onto a tea towel and squeeze all the moisture out over a sink. Then, in a large bowl, mix drained ground cauliflower with one egg, one half cup of parmesan, salt and pepper, and Italian seasoning. Then roll out the mix in a 9 inch round circle and bake for 15 mins. Take out of oven and place desired toppings, then put in oven again for about 10 minutes or until the pizza looks perfect to you. This is my favorite way to replace the filling feeling of bready crust with cauliflower.

3. Buffalo Cauliflower

Just as good as buffalo wings, but without the meat.

Here is my favorite recipe to use for this delicious appetizer and party hit:  https://gimmedelicious.com/2016/01/31/baked-buffalo-cauliflower-wings/

Instead of regular milk I use almond milk, for extra spice I always add Texas Pete (any extra hot sauce would be good), and always use ranch to dip in.                                                                                     

sauce, meat, chicken, pork, vegetable, beef
Katie Zizmor

4. Cauliflower Cheddar Soup

Just like Panera’s baked potato soup, but guilt free.

This one of my favorite recipes to make in bulk and to store in my refrigerator for any meal. Can we make soup for breakfast a thing please?                                                                                 This is the recipe I rely on for this delicious soup: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cauliflower-cheddar-soup I replace the regular milk with almond milk, I add chili flakes for extra spice, and add parmesean cheese instead of only cheddar.                                                                                 

5. Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice Mix

Honestly, you might as well add cauliflower rice to everything.

For this recipe I kind of just make it a free-for-all. I like to put olive oil in a pan on low heat and throw in some frozen cauliflower rice. Then I slowly add chopped up bell peppers and red onion. Then I'll put that in a bowl. Next, I'll top with chopped cucumber and tomato. Sometimes I'll add a chopped up veggie burger, salmon, or chicken. Whenever I make it I always add something new or leave something out. Cauliflower rice is just as filling as regular rice and you feel healthier eating it.