Serious FOMO occurs when your long-time best friend turns 21, and you aren’t there to share her official first day of adulthood with her. Send her an out-of-ordinary gift that includes her favorite things: food and alcohol. 

The best way to celebrate the first day of legal drinking is starting it off with some classy wine. To switch up consumption, here is a recipe for Pink Moscato cupcakes: eating wine tastes way better than drinking it. Once the moscato birthday gift set is finished, it can then be made into a festive birthday gift. 

The best part about this gift is that it benefits both you and your friend. To be able to use the bottle for another gift, it needs to be completely empty, so grab those wine glasses and drink up. Moscato is perfect to combine with cupcakes because of its sweetness. And a high alcohol-to-sugar ratio blends well with white cake mix. First things first: here is what you will need to complete the moscato birthday gift set. 

Olivia Henry

Pink Moscato Cupcakes

• 1 Box white cake mix including necessary ingredients — each box mix differs a bit so be sure to get the ingredients listed for your specific box mix
  • Cupcake liners
  • 2 sticks softened unsalted butter
  • 4 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbs milk
  • 3/4 cup Pink Moscato
  • Red food coloring
Olivia Henry

Pre-heat oven to 350°. Combine cake mix and the box's necessary ingredients into a large bowl and mix together. Pour mix into lined cupcake tins. Bake for 15 minutes. After, let cupcakes cool.

Olivia Henry

In a separate bowl combine: softened butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, milk, and Pink Moscato. Mix ingredients together throughly.

Olivia Henry

Once the cupcakes have cooled completely, pipe (using a plastic bag) or smear icing over cupcakes.
    DIY piping bag:
    Take "sandwich" size plastic bag, and cut a small corner of the bag to make a hole for the icing. Squeeze icing out while using hand to swirl icing on the cupcake.

Olivia Henry

Glitter Bottle

• Empty Moscato Bottle
  • Glitter
  • Mod Podge: Clear Acrylic Sealer
  • Sheer Ribbon
  • Optional: printed picture
Olivia Henry

Clean out the empty bottle of Moscato. Grab paper towels and an empty pan for glitter scraps. Remove cork or cap.

Olivia Henry

Before spraying, insert a finger into the bottle to hold for stability. Spray Mod Podge one section at a time. Make sure there is a tin underneath while spraying/dumping glitter so clean-up is easier. Sprinkle glitter until clear space is covered; repeat until whole bottle is glittery. Let the bottle dry for about 10 minutes.

Olivia Henry

Using the sheer ribbon, create a cute bow to wrap around the bottle. You can use cupcake treat boxes so that the cupcakes can easily be sent in the mail. Pack it all up and wrap everything securely to so that it all stays intact.

Olivia Henry

To make the gift extra special, place a picture of you and your friend with a written message inside the bottle. Include any additional gift inside the bottle so it can be more than just a decoration! Regardless of what you do, it's a fun and personalized gift for your official adult best friend. Happy celebrating!