Pieology, proclaimed the “Chipotle of Pizza,” dominates the industry of affordable, customized thin crust pizza. With a personalized, 11.5-inch pizza, costing about $8, you better make the best, damn pizza you can. Here is how.

1. Choose Your Sauce or Choose Them All

pieology

Photo by Julia Liang

The three options, red sauce, herb butter and olive oil, all appeal to our taste buds. However, if you just can’t decide on one, why not combine two flavors or try it all? A classic pizza needs its marinara sauce, but try spicing things up by adding herb butter or olive oil to it, as well.

pieology

Pizza with herb butter and marinara sauce | Photo by Julia Liang

2. Never Underestimate the Cheese

pieology

Photo by Julia Liang

Go crazy with toppings since, after all, it is unlimited, and how often do you get that? Seize this opportunity, but seize it well by understanding the basics of the four cheeses they offer.

Mozzarella: The classic cheese for all pizzas. Pairs best with, well, everything.

Ricotta: Cheese with a  creamy texture, commonly used in lasagna. Pairs best with tomatoes, basil, pesto, garlic and sausage.

Parmesan: A nutty and fruity cheese that goes well with all vegetables.

Gorgonzola: Although difficult to pronounce and a bit intimidating, this Italian cheese made from unskimmed cow’s milk has a very soft and creamy texture and a taste similar to blue cheese. Pairs best with fruits like apples and pears, as well as ham and onions.

pieology

Pizza with mozzarella, ricotta and gorgonzola | Photo By Julia Liang

3. Limitless Toppings

pieology

Photo by Julia Liang

Load up on meat…or not. There are other many other non-meat toppings to create the pizza of your dreams. However, if you really want to get your money’s worth, try adding sausage and or meatball since those toppings are more costly.

Don’t get carried away with all the meat options because the fresh vegetarian toppings like cilantro, basil and artichoke also offer unique flavors that will enhance your pizza.

pieology

Photo by Julia Liang

4. Add a Flavor Blast

pieology

Photo by Julia Liang

And lastly, finish off your pizza with drizzles of spicy or savory sauces.

If the drizzle isn’t your style, another thing you can do is ask for multiple sauces on the side for delicious dipping. Enjoy!

pieology

Photo by Julia Liang