Hosting your own NYE party? Looking to impress the crowd but not bust the bank? Not to fear, this peppermint Oreo truffles are perfect little bites to celebrate the new year with. 

With 2017 around the corner, we all tend to scramble to put together that NYE banger that everyone is going to be talking about for the next three weeks. It's a huge stress for everyone, and we just want the end of 2016 to end on a sweet note.

Previously, I've ran a muck to try and put together a Pinterest worthy masterpiece, only to make it on the Pinterest Fail list. So I stopped and thought for a second, who doesn't love Oreos? They are a national snack past-time! It only took a five minute search to find this recipe, and not even I could mess this one up. So naturally, I needed to share this all with you.

This year, whip out these bite-sized beauties and you'll be the MVP of NYE.

Peppermint Oreo Truffles

• Cook Time:0

• 1 package Oreos
  • 1/2 crushed candy canes
  • 1 package cream cheese
  • 1/2 tablespoon peppermint extract
  • 1 package white chocolate chips melted
sweet, whipped cream, dairy product, cake, chocolate, cream
Rachel Gramuglia

First crush up your Oreos, I recommend using two Ziploc bags to prevent the bag form getting holes in it while you crush 'em up! Make sure that the Oreo crumbs are not too fine, you want a little crunch in there!

Gif by Rachel Gramuglia

All your cream cheese, crushed candy canes, and peppermint extract and mix that bad boy up!

Gif by Rachel Gramuglia

Place these cuties on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in your refrigerator or freezer for 20 minutes.

Microwave the white chocolate in 30 second intervals until fully melted, and dip the Oreo truffles until fully coated in white chocolate goodness. Top off with more crushed candy canes!

Gif by Rachel Gramuglia

Stack'em all up and they are ready to serve—don't forget to take a bite ;)

Gif by Rachel Gramuglia
Give this recipe a try and share with us what you think! Are you a seasoned Oreo truffle pro? What are some of your favorite Oreo recipes?