The end of the academic year is upon us, and you know what that means–warm weather. Seeing as we’re all college students, the most important thing is that spring  means a total revitalization of the party scene as well. There’s no need to freeze your legs off as you hop from apartment to bar and back! It’s also the month for semi-formals and whatever other celebratory traditions clubs may hold, so it’s safe to say that April and alcohol go hand-in-hand.  In honor of our newfound weather-related freedom, here are some ideas that will ensure your drinking is in tune with the season.

cheap alcohol

Photo by Allie Bloom

Inexpensive beers like Natty Light are great because they’re cheap. That’s about it. Just because you can get a lot of it, doesn’t mean you should. So buy at least one case of another, slightly nicer beer and let late comers deal with the shame of drinking the cheap stuff. Treat yo’self and yo’ guests, especially if it’s for a formal. No one wants to celebrate any club or person who endorses mediocrity.

cheap alcohol

Photo by Allie Bloom

This rule can be extended to all other liquor store selections as well. Vlad may come in a huge bottle for $10, but do you really think your memories are worth only that much? Save the cheap stuff for the jungle juice and set out some nice vodka for shots. When you’ve found yourself in line at Taco Bell for some 3 am crunch wraps, at least you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your dignity is still (mostly) in tact.

cheap alcohol

Photo by Allie Bloom

Chasers are unsung heroes, but that doesn’t mean you should ignore them. Rather than putting out the cheapest off-brand soda you can find, take your inspiration from an age old chaser/shot couple–Tequila and Lime. Fruit is an amazing way to fight away even the most disgusting of shots. Did your jello shots turn out bitter instead of cherry? No one will care if they’re inside a strawberry! Hollow out some fruit and get your inner Pinterest on. Soon you’ll have the chasers you deserve to work as your watchful protectors to guard you from a dark night.

More good stuff here: