We've all stood on a stool, wrapped in an oversized apron along side mum in the kitchen. Amma would give me a stick of butter and some parchment sheets to line the baking tray, but I wouldn't settle for that. I would eagerly watch her meticulously whip the cake batter and the minute she looks away, was my golden moment. I would dive deep into the freshly whisked batter and lick the bowl clean! My honorable promotion from the parchment paper world jump started with a billion dollar Swiss Roll Recipe and I was Smitten! Here's 'Mom's Pineapple Swiss Rolls' recipe. DROOL!

Megna Santhosh

Prep Time  : 30 minutes

Cook Time : 11 - 12 minutes

Total Time  : 42 minutes

Serving       : 10 pieces

85gm - Flour

3/4 tsp - Baking powder 

130gm - Sugar powder

1/2 tsp - Vanilla essence 

1 pinch - Salt

2-3 tbsp Lukewarm water

3 Eggs

Megna Santhosh

STEP 1

Preheat Oven to 200 degrees Celsius.

Megna Santhosh

STEP 2

Line a baking tray preferably 13 inches with greased parchment paper.

Megna Santhosh

STEP 3

Whisk the eggs and vanilla essence in a bowl. Add in the sugar powder, one table spoon at a time and whisk well. Continue Whisking till the mixture turns light yellow.

Megna Santhosh

STEP 4

Sieve the flour and baking powder together and set aside. Fold in the flour mixture and  lukewarm water alternatively into the egg mixture.

Megna Santhosh

STEP 5

Pour the batter into the greased baking tray.

Megna Santhosh

STEP 6

Pop in the Oven for 11-12 minute.

Megna Santhosh

STEP 7

While the cake is in the Oven whisk some Pineapple Jam until smooth.

Megna Santhosh

STEP 8

Transfer the sponge cake to a sheet of parchment paper lined with sugar crystals.

Megna Santhosh

STEP 9

Spread the Jam.

Megna Santhosh

STEP 10

Roll the sponge when its warm.

Megna Santhosh

STEP 11

Let the Swiss roll rest in the parchment sheet parcel for a few hours. You can store it in the refrigerator or enjoy it warm.

Your Swiss Roll is ready!

Megna Santhosh