Thousands are without heat, water, or electricity in Kentucky, where tornadoes struck over the weekend. The deadly tornadoes tore through five states — Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Illinois, Missouri and Mississippi — killing at least 78 people Friday night and Saturday morning. 

Hundreds more may be missing in Kentucky, the worst hit state. Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear told reporters that it will take time, likely years, for devastated areas to fully recover. In the meantime, local and national aid groups are working to provide food, water, and shelter to victims.

We’ve rounded up organizations mobilizing on the ground to help those in need. As always, when giving to a lesser-known group or fundraiser, be sure to do your research. Here are some options to donate your money to:

Team Western Kentucky Tornado Relief Fund

Gov. Beshear established an official fund, designated for tornado relief for the Western portion of the state. You can donate here.

United Way

211, organized by United Way, is America’s go-to number for disaster relief, whether it be for evacuation routes or shelters. United Way’s Kentucky chapter is asking for donations here.

Louisville Food Trucks

Food trucks in Louisville, Kentucky are banding together to help those in Mayfield (the town hardest hit) with hot meals. Trucks involved include: All Thai’d Up, Ramiro’s Cantina, Hurricanes, Hot Buns, Square Cut Pizza, Aeja’s Kitchen, and Bamba Eggrolls. Donate to their GoFundMe here.

World Central Kitchen

Founded by Michelin-star chef José Andrés, World Central Kitchen mobilizes to feed folks after natural disasters or conflict. Here’s where you can donate to efforts in Kentucky.

Queer Kentucky

Queer Kentucky is an online publication serving the state’s LGBTQ+ community. They’re raising funds specifically for LGBTQ+ victims, who are more likely to suffer from long-lasting financial and housing impacts. 

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth

If you’re looking for in-person opportunities to volunteer, Kentuckians For The Commonwealth has created a mutual aid Google Doc with several helpful resources and options for assistance.