With the winter chill still persists and tickles our noses until they turn red and we start sneezing. Colds are a common thing, but we can fight them by eating right and staying stocked up on vitamins. Oranges are perfect sources of vitamin C that we can pick up on our way to class, but they are pesky to peel and leave our hands sticky. They end up left on our desks and in our fridges, but no fear – there is a way to get rid of this problem. The trick is peeling an orange in one spiral piece so you can save time (and your nails). With this trick, oranges will never be a hassle to peel again.

1. Start on the opposite side of the green bud.

How to Peel an Orange in One Piece

Photo by Hannah Lin

2. Cut a half circle in the rind around the top.

How to Peel an Orange in One Piece

Photo by Hannah Lin

3. At the end the half circle, push your thumb in between the rind and the flesh of the orange.
How to Peel an Orange in One Piece

Photo by Hannah Lin

4. Keeping your thumb there, slowly rotate the orange in place with your dominant hand.
How to Peel an Orange in One Piece

Photo by Hannah Lin

5. To peel in one piece, make sure that the rind is wide enough not to break the spiral.
How to Peel an Orange in One Piece

Photo by Hannah Lin

6. Keep rotating the orange until you reach the bottom.
How to Peel an Orange in One Piece

Photo by Hannah Lin

7. When you reach the bottom, there should be a small circle of rind around the green bud. Peel the outer edges of the circle from the flesh until you reach the stem.
How to Peel an Orange in One Piece

Photo by Hannah Lin

8. Slowly pull the bottom circle from the orange to remove the stem from the flesh.
How to Peel an Orange in One Piece

Photo by Hannah Lin

9. Ta-Da! You have peeled an orange in one piece!
How to Peel an Orange in One Piece

Photo by Hannah Lin