Coffee is one of the finer things in life — especially when you have mid-terms, essays and finals. Here is an easy way to make a delicious cup of joe in the dorms, without breaking the no coffee maker rule. 

Morning, mountains, coffee, coffee mug
Sara Kirkpatrick

Similar to drip coffee, coffee from a sock might take a little while to brew, but it will taste delicious. As long as you use a clean sock! (I cannot stress this enough.)

So how does it work? 

1. Grab a clean sock

Or buy a new pair reserved strictly for coffee making. Check out this Instagram that sells reusable coffee "socks" if you're feeling fancy.

2. Boil water 

Use whatever method you are comfortable with. The stovetop, an electric kettle, even the good old microwave will do.

Disco Kettles

choffee on Flickr

3. Get your coffee grounds

coffee, espresso, cappuccino, mocha, cereal, relish, decaffeinated coffee
Keriss101

Any kind will do, so pick your favorite! 

4. Grab your mug and get to work

mug, Chic, coffee, succulents, coffee mug
Arpitha Shenoy

There are a couple of ways to do this.

My favorite way

Fold the sock around the top of the cup. Then securely hold the sock and scoop your coffee grounds in it. Lastly pour the boiling water onto the sock and let seep for six to ten minutes. Lift the sock off and enjoy your coffee. 

The "nice roomie" way

Have a roommate or friend hold the sock open over a cup for the grounds and water to be poured into. Instead of seeping in the cup, let the sock act like a drip above the mug. Then thank your roommate (or share the brew with them!) and enjoy.

Drink up!

coffee, tea, milk, espresso, cappuccino, bed, mug, cozy
Caroline Ingalls

This coffee is an easy way to impress your hall mates, residential advisors and roomies. It's delicious, fun and the perfect pick-me-up that will help you skip the coffee line on campus. Thanks, socks!