Going to Whole Foods makes me feel incredibly calm. The clean lines, the fresh veggies, the cool-kid vibe—I just feel great when I shop there. Well, until I see the prices, that is.

Whole Foods is notoriously expensive, which is what made me so determined to create affordable, yet filling, lunch options for an entire week. So with cash in hand, I marched over to the nearest Whole Foods and left with the ultimate lunch spread in mind. These recipes are ridiculously easy to make and are mega-flavorful.

For those of you with a bit of extra cash, feel free to adapt this shopping list to your liking by purchasing organic vegetables or adding extra protein to any of these lunches.

Your Grocery List:

• 365 brand chunk light tuna (5 ounces)
  • 365 brand tomato sauce (6 ounces)
  • 1 lemon
  • 2 Roma tomatoes
  • 1 small package baby bella mushrooms
  • 1 green pepper
  • 1 large yellow onion
  • 365 brand elbow pasta (16 ounces)
  • 365 brand corn tortillas
  • 365 brand bagged Arugula (5 ounces)

Total: $13.66

Monday: Fajitas

whole foods

Photo by Claire Waggoner

For a super simple lunch, whip up a batch of homemade fajitas. Simply sauté some sliced green pepper, onion, and mushrooms in a pan with some olive oil and season to your liking. Plate your veggies on a warm corn tortilla (or 3) and have at it.

#SpoonTip: A drizzle of hot sauce or a sprinkle of shredded cheese would taste great on these fajitas as well.

Tuesday: Tuna Pasta Salad 

whole foods

Photo by Claire Waggoner

To make this epic tuna pasta salad, mix half a can of tuna (with the juice) into the cooked pasta. Toss in some diced tomato, a handful of arugula, a drizzle of olive oil, and the juice of half a lemon, then let it sit in the fridge as long as you can bear it to allow the flavors to sink into the pasta.

#SpoonTip: To ensure the perfect tuna to pasta ratio, make one serving size of pasta (per the package’s instructions).

Wednesday: Tortilla Pizzas

whole foods

Photo by Claire Waggoner

These tortilla pizzas are ridiculously easy to make and are naturally gluten-free thanks to the corn tortillas. Just spread some tomato sauce onto your tortillas and top with some diced peppers and onions. If you have cheese lying around the house, throw that on as well. Pop these under the broiler until warmed and then chow down.

#SpoonTip: If you prefer softer veggies on your pizza, sauté your toppings in a pan for a few minutes before transferring them to your tortilla.

Thursday: Zesty Arugula Salad 

whole foods

Photo by Claire Waggoner

This arugula salad is perfect for anyone looking for a lunch that’s both light and filling. To prepare this salad, toss a few handfuls of arugula into a bowl, then top with your choice of diced veggies. To make the dressing, squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the greens with a drizzle of olive oil. A dash of salt and pepper later, and you’re ready to dig in.

#SpoonTip: To make this salad travel-friendly, simply put your ingredients into a mason jar for later. 

Friday: Everything but the Kitchen Sink Pasta

whole foods

Photo by Claire Waggoner

This pasta is exactly what it sounds like. Toss your cooked pasta with the leftover tomato sauce (seasoned) and your remaining diced veggies. To really use everything up, go ahead and throw in any remaining arugula. For the truly brave of heart, add in the leftover tuna (don’t worry, it really is tasty).