Sick of snacking on pretzels and Goldfish? Upgrade with walking (or dorm room) tacos. Dorm style snacking can be rough sometimes. It's time to elevate your snacking to the next level! Just because you only have a communal kitchen and a mini fridge to work with, doesn't mean that your snacking has to suffer. So, I'm bringing the "walking taco" to your dorm room in only four easy steps.

Step 1: Gather all of your materials. You will need your choice of ground beef, turkey or chicken, a Doritos or Fritos snack bag, a sauté pan, and any other of your favorite taco toppings (lettuce, tomato, cheese, etc). The fun part about dorm room tacos is that you can get creative and really customize your own walking taco. 

ice, chips
Serena Morin

Step 2: Put the ground meat in the pan and cook until it is completely browned.  Make sure there is no pink left behind.  If you want to get fancy, you can add some chopped onions into the pan. This will add some delicious caramelized onions to your walking taco and will really kick it up a notch.

Step 3:  We're almost done!  Take your chip bag and crush the chips inside the bag while it is still sealed.  The chips will mimic the same taste and texture as a taco shell, however they're cheaper, easier to store, and are covered in yummy nacho cheese.

chicken, tomato, lettuce, salad
Serena Morin

Step 4:  Add your choice of ground meat and all of your extra toppings in the bag. Mix the ingredients so that every bite is perfectly blended. These Dorm style tacos are mess free and super filling, so all that's left to do is to grab a fork and enjoy.

pizza, coffee, beer
Serena Morin

#SpoonTip: Share with us your Dorm Room Taco pictures!  We want to see your new upgraded snack come to life.  Send your taco to our email, spoonuniversityemmanuel@gmail.com, and we'll Instagram the most creative, best looking dorm taco!