Thanksgiving is the holiday with the best foods, there's no doubt about it. Sadly, most people wait all day long to get to those delicious treats. But why wait when you could have all your favorite foods hours earlier? That's right, I'm talking about a Thanksgiving breakfast. Combining the greatest holiday with the greatest meal—who wouldn't want a Thanksgiving breakfast?

Turkey—Turkey Bacon

Bacon is a breakfast must, and as we all know, turkey is the star of Thanksgiving. What food other than turkey bacon would be the perfect Thanksgiving breakfast treat? All the grease of bacon with all the taste of turkey. Talk about indulgence.

Rolls and Gravy—Biscuits and Gravy

A southern classic, biscuits and gravy rightfully replaces both the rolls and the gravy for our Thanksgiving breakfast. Even better, homemade biscuits are really easy to make. Try out this recipe on Turkey Day if you're feeling adventurous. 

Mashed Potatoes—Hash Browns

vegetable, meat, parsley, pepper, potato onion
 Devon Carlson

Let's be honest: potatoes of all kinds are beyond delicious. Mashed potatoes are a necessity at every Thanksgiving dinner and I'd say hash browns are the key to any successful breakfast. It seems only fair that these be the featured potato at our Thanksgiving breakfast.

Cranberry Sauce—Pancakes with Cranberry Syrup

I'm not going to lie, cranberry sauce isn't my favorite dish at the table on Thanksgiving. It is, however, a traditional Turkey Day food so it has to make an appearance somehow at this Thanksgiving breakfast. What better way than use it as a topping for pancakes, the king of breakfast? Looking to try out a homemade cranberry sauce recipe this year? Give this one a go!

Pumpkin Pie—Pumpkin Muffins

pumpkin, sweet
Katherine Carroll

Pie: the most coveted food at every table on Thanksgiving. While all pies are welcome, it's easy to say that pumpkin pie is definitely one of, if not the most, popular Thanksgiving pie. Lucky for us, pumpkin tastes delicious in all desserts, so you'll have to try out these pumpkin muffins at your Thanksgiving breakfast.  

While I am by no means trying to replace our beloved Thanksgiving dinner, I see no reason to wait all day long to devour all those delicious foods. Give this Thanksgiving breakfast a try, and you just may start your own Thanksgiving tradition.