If there's anything I've learned about myself in college, it's that I find it most satisfying to get the most out of my buck. So when debating on whether or not to purchase the cheapest French press on the market, I needed it to do more than just brew a cup of joe. Luckily, upon some research I found three other uses of a french press:

Tea

tea, espresso, coffee
Teresa Trinh

I know, who would have thought? Just add loose leaf tea, boil some water, and press. 

Rinsing Rice (or other grains)

tea, espresso, coffee
Teresa Trinh

Now you'll never lose a single grain of rice rinsing. Add rice and water, drain, and repeat. 

Frothing Milk

tea, espresso, coffee
Teresa Trinh

At last, unleash your inner barista with this method of frothing. Add heated milk and gently pump the strainer up and down until your desired foaminess. 

So if you're ever debating purchasing a French press, just remember, not only can it brew a mean cup of coffee, but it's also got three other uses under its belt. Feel free to unveil these hacks to your friends and give yourself some additional street cred. 

And if you're looking to take your French press to the next level, try this Fresh Pressed Juice recipe.